I'm new here, and to the world of european travel so bear with me please
I'm spending the year abroad in spain working but turns out I've got 3 weeks christmas holidays sooo of course I'll be taking advantage and travelling around.
Of course I'm open to some "going with the flow" but I'd like to have some type of general idea of of itinerary so as to avoid unnecessary travel time zigzagging back and forth.
Now this is where I'm stuck. I know I'd like to spend some time in the UK as I really want to visit Scotland and I have friends in London. I've also heard there are really nice Christmas markets in Berlin, Amsterdam and other cities in that general area. I figured then that maybe I could spend the first half of the trip touring around cities in that general area of europe and then after christmas head over for the second half (which would include New years) travelling in the UK.
Two questions: does this sound reasonable?
Can anyone suggest any cities/towns that are absolute musts to visit?
And of course, if anyone were to go so far as to suggest an general itinerary of cities they'Ve done in the past I wouldn't complain
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
- 2 Le Marche Research Help
- 3 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 4 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 5 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 6 Greece in end October
- 7 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 8 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 9 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 10 GTG Paris December 2017
- 11 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 12 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 13 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 14 Favorite London memories
- 15 10 Days in Austria
- 16 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 17 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 18 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 19 Return to Slovenia and Venice plus Trieste
- 20 Norte Dame light show!
- 21 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 22 Avignon
- 23 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 24 8 months around Europe
- 25 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)