I had previously posted a question regarding a day trip to CT from Florence, but based on all of your great feedback, I think I have to spend at least 1 night in the CT to have time to enjoy it, so am starting a new thread since plans have changed
The plan was to travel with 20 yr old DD from Venice to Florence, then Rome (12 days total) but now I am considering taking a day or two from Florence or Rome (or both) so we can enjoy the CT. We are going early August (next month) and all my other accommodations are booked. I know it will be really hot and crowded in the cities, so I think CT will be a welcome rest from the cities and it's so beautiful! I am looking to add some more relaxation to our trip
I am considering taking a Frecciabianca train from Venice to Monterosso with one stop in Milano Centrale (6hrs). Stay 1 night, then train to Florence and continue on rest of trip. I would love your feedback on this idea. Another poster mentioned with this train you get reserved seats and only have 1 stop as opposed to the trains that go to CT from Florence, etc. Is this a good way to get to CT? Do any planes fly from Venice to anywhere near CT?
I know it's really late to try to find a hotel in Monterosso. Would love to have a ocean view and/balcony. Since I will have my 20 year old DD with me, do you think the new town or old town would be better? Would love to be close to ocean, restaurants, good views, etc. Would love some suggestions for hotels in Monterosso.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Self Drive UK tour
- 2 Two week Europe itenirary help
- 3 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 4 Netherlands, Brussels and possibly Luxembourg
- 5 Airport Transfer
- 6 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 7 Rail vs. Plane
- 8 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 9 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 10 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 11 hotel reservations in Switzerland in June?
- 12 Where to See Flamenco
- 13 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 14 Arezzo - how much time?
- 15 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 16 2 week May trip with kids
- 17 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 18 Paris November 2017
- 19 Room in Boppard with a Rhine view
- 20 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 21 New Years in France
- 22 Easter Week in Italy
- 23 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 24 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 25 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help