Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Need help on which city to stay the last night in Ireland.

Need help on which city to stay the last night in Ireland.

Dec 7th, 2001, 06:22 AM
Need help on which city to stay the last night in Ireland.

Next March 30th (the day after Good Friday) we are flying out of Shannon Airport at noon. Which city would be the best to stay at the night before Ennis, Limerick, or Bunratty? Would Adare be close enough?
Dec 7th, 2001, 09:08 AM
All of your selections would be fine. Just give yourself enough time to get back to the airport. Last time I was there I stayed in Ennis and had one last pub crawl evening before heading back to the states. Stay in a town where you can get one last night in. The first time we went to Ireland we stayed out in a very nice BnB in the countryside about 15 mins. form the airport and there wasn't anything within walking distance. We learned after that to have the last night in a town.
Dec 7th, 2001, 12:38 PM
If you want some nightlife, try Limerick. We didn't stay there at night but it looked really interesting. Adare is close enough, and very quaint, but may not be particularly active in the evening. Maybe someone else has info on that. (We drove from Killarney to Shannon to catch a noon flight and had no problems.)
Dec 7th, 2001, 01:19 PM
We have stayed twice in Ennis--about a half hour drive to the airport in the am. Stayed at the Old Ground Hotel, which is OK, nothing great. I wanted to stay in Bunratty at the new Bunratty Castle Hotel but it was fully booked well ahead. Adare would work as well and is a charming small town. Dunraven Arms is our choice there. Good luck.

Search this Thread