I could really use some help here. We are a group of 7-9 who will spend a few days in Tuscany after our cruise, which ends in Civitavecchia, port for Rome, in November 2014.
We would like to take the train from the port to the town in which we will base for our visit.
We are open to going anywhere in Tuscany, as long as I can spend a day picking olives somewhere (on my bucket list!). Prefer relaxed sightseeing, and wine tasting
Prefer to fly home from Rome, as flights have fewer stops, and would like to be able to take the train back to the airport
Have resigned ourselves to needing car rental, but perhaps not for the entire visit ?
Possible to take the train to our destination city and pick up cars for a day or two for day trips?
Are we better off renting a house or staying in a B&B?
Any suggestions on which town we should base ourselves in?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 2 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 3 Which Area in London?
- 4 family trip to Germany and more
- 5 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 6 Trains - website?
- 7 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 8 Paris Apartment
- 9 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 10 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 11 Barcelona to Malaga
- 12 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 13 Milan airport--which one
- 14 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 15 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 16 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 17 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 18 1st time to Europe
- 19 Paris November 2017
- 20 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 21 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 22 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 23 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 24 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 25 St, Goar or Bacharach