need help in figuring out....

Aug 27th, 2003, 06:13 PM
ang
Original Poster

need help in figuring out....

i am trying to figure out times between a couple of locations. i know that from rome to naples it is 1 and1/2 hours to 1 and3/4 hours. how about from perugia(umbertide)to rome and from perugia(umbertide)to florence??i am thinking about two hours for each?? here is a second part-- i checked train trip on the treni italia, and when i looked at rome to umbertide, it said change in foligno. does that mean i physically have to change trains and get on a totally different one? does that sound stupid? i am just trying to remember about the train system-- it has been quite a while since i was there last. any help would be appreciated. also, i was thinking of bringing some cash, a credit card and an atm with an account set up just for this trip. i am not sure if i will pay for the hotels with my cash or just put them on the credit card. any thoughts?? thanks
Aug 27th, 2003, 06:21 PM
rex

Pay for hotels with credit cards. If they have an e-mail address or any kind of web site presence, you should be able to confirm that they take credit cards.

Generally www.trenitalia.com can answer your train timetable questions. If you need personal help from a human, you might try calling the toll-free number on www.raileurope.com or call the people at www.euraide.de (perhaps).

Best wishes,

Rex
Aug 27th, 2003, 08:05 PM

If you have to change trains in Foligno (or anywhere, for that matter), then yes, you have to physically get off the train and get onto another one.
Aug 28th, 2003, 06:53 AM
ira

Hi ang,

If it shows an itermediate station, you will have to get off the train.

When you are on the trenitalia site, click on the red box with the arrow. It will give you the details, including how many minutes between trains.

Search this Thread