Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Need help finding hotel near Fiumicino airport

Need help finding hotel near Fiumicino airport

Nov 25th, 2006, 08:54 PM
Original Poster

Need help finding hotel near Fiumicino airport

We have a painfully early departure flight from this airport, next Spring. Can anyone recommend a decent and inexpensive hotel. Looking for something approx 100-120 Euro. I look forward to a response!
Nov 25th, 2006, 11:57 PM

You could try the Holiday Inn Eur Parco dei Medici-it's about 8 miles from the airport, however, they do have a free complimentary shuttle service that runs every 15 min.-to the airport, and also to Rome-although I don't know the start/end times-it's not 24 hours. I stayed here a few years ago, it was quite acceptable for a night-nice sized rooms, there's a restaurant on site, and a garden-I think it runs about 110 US on up a night. Check Holiday Inn's official site for best rates.
Nov 26th, 2006, 02:59 AM

Another vote for the HI Eur Parco. We stayed there the night before our flight 2 years ago for €99. We even turned our rent car in there for a fee of €10 and just took the shuttle to the airport for our 7 AM flight.
Nov 26th, 2006, 04:37 AM
ira

Hi K,

One more vote for the Holiday Inn.

One thing to note, when you enter the room you have to put your key card into a slot behind the door in order to get the lights to go on.

Nov 26th, 2006, 04:51 AM

I'm taking a cruise in/out of Rome and hope to fly home the day our ship gets back into port, but it's good to know about this hotel just in case I need to spend the night for an early flight home. I just checked the HI web site and prices came up at 94 to 125 Euros.

Monica

Search this Thread