My husband and I will be traveling to Italy (flying into Rome) in late June. We are then flying out of Venice 12 days later. We need some help trying to finalize our itinerary. We want to visit as many places as possible but still enjoy each town we visit.
Here's what we had in mind:
Day 1 - Arrive; Rome
Day 2 - Rome
Day 3 - Rome
Day 4 - leave Rome early morning; Florence
Day 5 - Florence
Day 6 -
Day 7 -
Day 8 -
Day 9 -
Day 10 - Siena (il Palio) - Is this worth it?
Day 11 -
Day 12 - Venice
Day 13 - leave Venice in the evening
So in between, we're confused - here's a few places that were recommended by friends who recently visited Italy:
Pisa, Cinque Terre, Verona, Lake Garda, Montepulciano, San Gimignano....are any of these worth the day trip or does anyone have any other must-have spots? We plan on taking trains/buses everywhere. My husband is open to driving if it makes sense.
Also, we plan on using airbnb for most of our stay but also not sure if we should stay in one place for about a week or so and just make day trips or actually stay in these places and drag our luggage everywhere. Help please?!?!?!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AOL password रीसेट 1800:681:7208 CONTACT AOL Tech care
- 2 Milan airport--which one
- 3 Which Area in London?
- 4 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 5 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 6 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
- 7 Visit to France
- 8 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 9 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 10 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 11 family trip to Germany and more
- 12 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 13 Trains - website?
- 14 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 15 Paris Apartment
- 16 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 17 Barcelona to Malaga
- 18 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 19 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 20 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 21 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 22 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 23 1st time to Europe
- 24 Paris November 2017
- 25 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?