Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Need help booking Red Hot Chili Peppers tix in Germany or Rome...

Old Dec 29th, 2002, 07:37 AM
kit

Please help me see the Peppers in Europe! According to their tour dates, I'd be able to catch a show either in Germany (February dates in Stuttgart, Berlin, Dortmund or Dresden) or Rome.

At this point, these dates are not sold out, but I'm unsure how to book tickets. The ticketing websites don't seem to offer a language option, and I don't speak German or Italian. Aslo, the US ticket sites (Ticketmaster, tickets.com) only sell tix for US performances.

I can figure the travel part out; I just need help figuring out how to book the tickets. Any ideas? Thanks so much!

Old Dec 29th, 2002, 09:51 AM
Charles

Kit - www.europe-tickets.com. states that all concerts in Germany are sold out! This may only mean that their block of tickets may be sold, but other sites may have tickets available. They apparently still have tickets available for the Paris performance. Good Luck!

Old Dec 29th, 2002, 02:25 PM
kit

Hmmm. I'm hoping they're a broker with a limited allotment. The official Peppers website doesn't yet show them as sold out. And that's where I get into trouble; when I click on the ticket agency they recommend, the sites are in German and Italian, and I can't read them.

Any other thoughts...anyone...Buehler?

Old Dec 29th, 2002, 05:51 PM
Jane

I don't have an internet site for you, but my experience has been that, except in Germany, where tickets sell quickly (depending on the performer), you can usually snag a ticket or two once you arrive in the city. I even bought a couple of tickets to see Lou Reed in Salzburg in a very small venue a few years back, and the Austrians and Germans are nuts over Lou Reed. Your best bet will be Rome. Again, there will be people selling them in Germany outside the venue.

Old Dec 30th, 2002, 04:58 AM
kit

Old Dec 30th, 2002, 05:11 AM
flygirl

why not check out their website? I am sure they have tour information.

also, check out

www.whatsonwhen.com

plug in the cities where you know they will be, and when.

http://www.whatsonwhen.com/events/event.asp?/events/~85406.jml

is Dresden, February 9. Gives you location info, email addresses, etc.

I saw Elvis Costello in Koln by looking at these pages just before my trip.

Old Dec 30th, 2002, 09:11 AM
kit

Hi Flygirl,

Thanks for that website; I remember it from a few years ago and lost track of it somehow...

My problem is still booking the tickets, as I am hoping to do this online with some confidence. I don't want to book an airline ticket until I can figure out which venues are not sold out. The Peppers website lists some as sold out and others as not, though there's no telling how current the information is. Again, all the websites I've found for booking tickets are either in German or Italian, so I can't even do basic research to see which dates are still open -- because I can't read them.

(Pollstar.com is also good for concert routing info!)

The Foo Fighters let you book direct internationally; I was hoping it would be that easy for the Peppers, too.

PS -- 172 or 182? Or a Cardinal, even?!?!?

Old Dec 30th, 2002, 10:17 AM
flygirl

I saw U2 in Berlin ten years ago. this was before wide use of internet, etc. I just so happened to get something from the German Tourist office which told about a few big concerts in Berlin. quite accidental - I remember calling information and getting a number for 'ticketmaster' (or whoever it was), called it, lucked out in getting someone who spoke English, reserved tickets - only to find out when I showed up to collect them, it was a tobacco store who happened to sell tickets, it was a long shot accident I got through!

try calling an international ticket agent (ticketmaster)

where there is a will there is a way, that's my motto.

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 10:12 AM
flygirl

Kit, did you scarf the tickets yet?

The Zephyr Song is playing on Virgin Radio - reminds me I should do something about seeing them this year, myself!

When in Rome?