Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   NEED HELP ASAP ... How to get from Nice Airport to Eze? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/need-help-asap-how-to-get-from-nice-airport-to-eze-818342/)

lsremington Dec 20th, 2009 07:21 AM

NEED HELP ASAP ... How to get from Nice Airport to Eze?

How do we get from the Nice airport to Eze using public transportation?

We leave for Eze in six hours. My husband was stuck in Washington, DC, in the blizzard. He's returning today, but too late to go with us; he'll follow along tomorrow if he can sweet-talk KLM or use his already-re-booked ticket on Tuesday. We had a car rented at the Nice airport, but it's a standard transmission, and I cannot drive a stick shift! There are no cars with automatic transmission available at the moment.

Therefore, myself and two children (14yo boy, 5yo girl) need to get from the Nice airport to Eze, and specifically to the Eza Vista hotel. Can anyon please help with specific instructions? Bus? Train? Taxi? We're adventurous so bus is fine -- just need to know how to get to the right one.

THANK YOU!!!

Lesley

Eze Dec 20th, 2009 07:40 AM

http://www.sejoursdusud.com/residence/eze-plan-fr.html
there they give you bus numbers to reach Eze.
Afterwards, you ll have to walk. Or may be take a taxi once arrived in Eze village.
A taxi from Nice airport to destination will cost a fortune in my opinion.
I live in Eze bord de mer and must regret to announce that weather forecasts for the next two or three days are not famous !
Enjoy !

iris1745 Dec 20th, 2009 07:48 AM

Hi; Bus 82 or 112 will get you from Nice to Eze. Inquire at the airport information on where to find the 'bus station'. Not sure if either 82 or 112 pass thru the Nice airport. May have to go into Nice. Richard

Eze Dec 20th, 2009 08:05 AM

You definitly have to go into Nice bus terminal where bus 98 from airport stops. And take 82 or 112.
Line 100 that follows the coast is useless as you ll have to change twice, once in bus terminal after arriving from nice airport and second in Eze bord de mer to reach Eze village.
Any information related to buses in Nice is on www.lignedazur.com

lsremington Dec 20th, 2009 08:17 AM

Thanks so much!!!

One more question ... how do I pay? On the individual buses? At the airport? Do I need exact change? My most recent bus experience is our local city buses that require exact change, and you pay on each bus when you get on.

By the way, Eze, we're coming from San Antonio, Texas, where it's about 70 degrees -- so cooler and even rainy isn't a bad thing! I've bought rain ponchos and umbrellas for us.

Eze Dec 20th, 2009 08:39 AM

The driver will sell the tickets. Should be 1 euro each leg of your trip per person. Do you best to get some change available i do not mean exact change but a few coins or a small euro bank note. It will be easier for everybody.

You know now in Eze temperature is about 3° celsius. Twelve days or so i was in Sydney australia with 41° celsius. All i have got is a very strong cold..

Have a nice trip

kappa1 Dec 20th, 2009 08:51 AM

As said above, to get to Eze Village (up on the hill/corniche) from the airport, you have to change at Nice bus terminal (Gare Routière) in the city center to Bus 82 or 112. You can buy the ticket either at a ticket office at the airport outside the building by the bus stop or from the driver. Both is possible. They will sell you 1 day €4 pass automatically. The bus ride to Eze is included in this ticket.

I wonder how mobile you are with 2 kids and luggage (a lot?) Depending on it, some may consider taking a taxi cab.

Eze, could you rather tell the approximate cost by numbers (e.g. €100 or less) so OP can decide whether take a taxi quick and direct or use the bus lines? But of course she can ask on arrival at Nince airport too.

kappa1 Dec 20th, 2009 08:54 AM

> Should be 1 euro each leg of your trip per person.

Eze forgot about "tarification special" for bus from/to airport. It's €4 (for adult). Don't know if there is child fare for this.

Eze Dec 20th, 2009 08:57 AM

I would tell the approximate cost by numbers if i had know it .
As you said it, this person should be able to ask on arrival and decide according to her budget.
In french we say "qui peut le plus peut le moins"
I do not attend this forum to be said what i should do, but try to do my best to give others useful information.
Ciao

kappa1 Dec 20th, 2009 08:58 AM

Oh also I passed by Eza Vista on bus 112 a few weeks ago. I don't remember exactly where it was located but it would be at least 5 minutes walk (no luggage considered) from Eze-Village bus stop.

kappa1 Dec 20th, 2009 09:18 AM

The following is from T.A. Nice forum, answering a traveller who needs to go to Hotel Chèvre d'Or in Eze-Village.

> The taxi fare from the airport would be around 80 euros. You can save money by getting bus 99 to the train station, about half way from the airport to Eze, and a taxi from there. There are no taxi ranks near the bus station.

lsremington Dec 20th, 2009 09:59 AM

Thanks so much, everyone!