My wife and I plan to visit Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands in Apr-May. We already made a reservation for Thalys (Cologne-Brussels) with quite a good deal, but are a bit amazed at ticket price from Brussels-Amsterdam. We plan to take train on May 1 and when I looked at any website (www.b-europe.com, www.tgv-europe.com), it turned out that the cheapest ticket price for 2 from Brussels-Amsterdam is EUR90 by Thalys (non-flex) and EUR80.80 by IC (full-flex). That's more than double our cost for Cologne-Brussels.
I tried to change departure city from Brussels to Paris instead, and it came out that the cheapest ticket (Paris-Amsterdam) is EUR70 (non-flex) by Thalys (8.25AM train)! How come? Since Paris-Amsterdam is 3.20 hrs. trip, while Brussels-Amsterdam is less than 2 hrs. trip.
Normally, is there any promotion ticket available for Brussels-Amsterdam route as usually occur in Germany or France cities in DB or SNCB website? Or there've never been promotion ticket for this route
Thank you all much in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 yahoo Supp0rt Contact 1~888~260:29O9 Password Reset Tec*h CALL 24*7vs
- 2 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 3 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 4 Sleep at Heathrow
- 5 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 6 Netherlands, Brussels and possibly Luxembourg
- 7 15 days honeymoon trip to Europe in February end and March
- 8 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 9 2 week May trip with kids
- 10 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 11 hotel reservations in Switzerland in June?
- 12 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 13 Rail vs. Plane
- 14 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 15 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 16 Paris November 2017
- 17 Self Drive UK tour
- 18 Where to See Flamenco
- 19 First time in Spain - family of 2 adults & one child(10 yr old)
- 20 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 21 Two week Europe itenirary help
- 22 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 23 Airport Transfer
- 24 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 25 5 nights in Spain, need help!