Need - Heathrow Airport Hotel

Apr 3rd, 2002, 12:36 PM
Bill

Need - Heathrow Airport Hotel

We will be traveling back from Paris on the EuroStar train. Then catching our flight back to the USA the next day. Looking for:
1. Good hotel to stay at Heathrow Airport
2. Best way to get from EuroStar Train Station (London Waterloo)to the Hotel at Heathrow.

Apr 3rd, 2002, 12:40 PM
Andre

Bill:

Regarding 1: take a look at the post on this board! I will bring it to the top.

Regarding 2: give me a few minutes

Apr 3rd, 2002, 12:59 PM
Andre

OK Bill here's my beef on question 2:

A cab is the easiest way to go. The airport website www.baa.co.uk estimates fares at GBP 40-45 (USD 60-70). Ride should take about an hour (although rush hour traffic can be awful - but then public transportation can be pretty crowded...)

Otherwise, you can take the tube (Bakerloo line) to Paddington Station (abt 20 mins.), change to the Heathrow Express train (about 15 mins.) and take a shuttle bus to your hotel.

The tube (subway/underground) costs GBP 1.60 (USD 2.40) per person
www.thetube.com

Heathrow Express costs GBP 9-12 (about 15 USD) per person
www.heathrowexpress.co.uk

Finally, you have the option of taking the tube all the way to Heathrow. This is the cheapest but also slowest by far (probably over 2 hours door to door).

Hope this helps

Andre

Apr 4th, 2002, 04:40 AM
f

stay at the Heathrow Hilton in Terminal 4 for an easy overnight - don't worry about the cost just stay there, relax, and avoid the stress and hassle of trying to get to airport in the morning.

Apr 4th, 2002, 05:05 AM
Patrick

I'm not sure of your budget, but the Radisson Edwardian Heathrow Hotel has won many awards as the outstanding airport hotel in Europe. It is a very nice hotel with excellent rooms. We spent a night there (had a Radisson coupon, thankfully)after returning from driving in the south, and before catching an early morning flight to Istanbul. We also had dinner in their dining room, which I hate to admit was perhaps the finest and certainly the most elegant meal we had in Europe during our five month stay. We were surrounded by business people who had literally flown in from all over the world to have a business dinner and meeting. The food was outstanding, but very expensive. They also shuttle you right over to the airport in the morning.

Apr 4th, 2002, 05:35 AM
kelly

We stayed at the Renaissance Heathrow and really liked it. Friendly staff, beautiful rooms and a nice restaurant for breakfsat.

Apr 4th, 2002, 07:03 AM
Norma

My suggestion is that you take the tube to Picadilly Circus (3 stops from Waterloo Station) and then transfer to the Picadilly line directly to Heathrow, where it will stop at all 4 terminals. It is a piece of cake and definitely does not take 2 hours, more like 65 or 70 minutes. I gather you are not in a rush because you will be booking a hotel at Heathrow.

Apr 4th, 2002, 07:25 AM
David

Bill

Try www.holidayextras.co.uk for deals at Heathrow hotels.

Apr 4th, 2002, 07:32 AM
Grasshopper

Bill, Here's what I would do. Take a cab from Waterloo to Paddington (get a good, last minute tour of London for about 10 pounds). Take Heathrow Express to Heathrow. Stay at the Holiday Inn. The rates are the least expensive in the area, the rooms are great (almost like home and wonderful bathrooms) and they drive you to the airport in the morning for free. I have stayed there for 49 pounds and for 69 pounds. Depends on when you're there.

Apr 4th, 2002, 08:32 AM
Ann

If you're flying BA, stay at the Hilton attached to Terminal 4--paid 99 pounds in January. However, do not eat at the Chinese/Thai restaurant in the hotel. Wasted 50 pounds on a meal I could have gotten from a take-away for 7 pounds.

Apr 4th, 2002, 08:32 AM
Ann

Not sure if I have the right terminal number in the posting above. Whatever the number is, it's the terminal that BA flies out of.