Need family digs in London

Old Nov 5th, 1999, 08:43 PM
Scott McDonald

Need family digs in London

My wife and kids(15,13,13)are passing through London for four sleeps in mid-August 2000. We'd like to be central, but are on a relatively modest budget. Any suggestions for B&B or hotel would be appreciated. Rome,too. Six sleeps there next. Ideas welcome.

Old Nov 6th, 1999, 01:02 AM
sham

you should try along sussex garden (near edgeware rd). near to hyde park and marble arch. double/triple should be around 35-40 pound. happy hunting.

Old Nov 6th, 1999, 07:02 AM
cheryl jacobs

We found the London County Hall Travel Inn to be the least expensive. We are going with our 12 anfd 13 year olds.
Very close to Waterloo Station.
Tel 0171902 1600
Best of Luck

Old Nov 9th, 1999, 03:50 PM
Yitz

You may want to look at
The Orion Trafalgar
a Two Bedroom One Bathroom Apartment that sleeps a Max of 06 People
£198 a night tax included
for reservations in USA & Canada
800-398-9677 fax 718-493-3317

Old Nov 10th, 1999, 04:46 AM
steve

We found the White House to be adequate and inexpensive - just a short train ride away from downtown

www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~dmark

Old Nov 10th, 1999, 06:04 AM
elvira

We used Roland House Apartments, in Kensington - http://wwte.com/europe/england/roland.htm

Old Nov 10th, 1999, 08:03 AM
Researcher

Scott,

My family and I are going to London in March 2000, and I have sent a large number of e-mails & faxes, and made several telephone calls. The availability of quad rooms in the Sussex Gardens area is limited, and this street is very busy and noisy. I would also suggest that the price per room mentioned by the previous poster is too low. You might get a tiny double for close to that low, but then you would need two (or three) rooms. Many of the places we contacted said "no quads" , or charged 100+ pounds for a quad.

The person who mentioned the London County Hall Travel Inn Capital was right on. A family room at this architecturally magnificent building contains a double bed and a double sofa bed (and you can get another cot) for only 59.95 pounds a night. It is close to Waterloo Station, right on the Thames across from Big Ben (and the Westminster tube stop), AND it won the top award at the British Hotel awards for Value for Money this past June. The web page is www.travelinn.co.uk - look for the Travel Inn Capital London County Hall. There is no picture of the outside of the building, but if you look in the Eyewitness Guide to London (or a picture book of London), you'll find photos.

We spent a long time trying to find something suitable in the same price range (around 60 pounds) for a family of four with North American amenities, and we were unable to find anything that could match its location and value. One caveat - breakfast is not included.

Old Nov 10th, 1999, 10:24 AM
Scott McDonald

Thanks for the great lead! I'll chase it down and reserve soon.

Scott and family