Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Need family accomodations in Rome, Vencie and Florence.

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 08:12 AM
janie rutherford

In late May, my husband, two teen age sons and myself are heading to Venice, Florence and Rome for a total of 15 days. I need good suggestions for hotels that can provide reasonably priced accomodatations for our family.

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 08:41 AM
Rex

The place to start - - for window shopping, making inquiries, booking reservations or cancellations - - is www.venere.com<BR><BR>&quot;reasonably priced accommodations&quot; means different things to different people. My travels with teenagers always meant two rooms for two people each. In these particular cities, &quot;reasonably priced&quot; might mean 125 to 175 euro per night for each room. Other families might have half that much in mind, or twice that much. It IS possible to spend one-fourth that much, or four times that much - - few people would consider either of those extremes &quot;reasonably priced&quot;.<BR><BR>So, go browsing in the price range that fits your budget - - and then come back here for opinions on location, must-have (or not so necessary) features - - and value for the price.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex Bickers<BR>Westerville, Ohio<BR>

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 09:05 AM
Statia

You could also look into getting an apartment. That's what we are doing since it seems to be much more economical and roomy. Most come with all typical household ammenities, including washing machine.<BR><BR><BR>

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 10:18 AM
Marj

Here's where we stayed with our 2 kids in those same cities:<BR>Venice: Hotel FLora, 3*, one large room with queen, 2 twin beds with 1 1/2 bathrooms. This hotel was very charming and the staff is friendly and helpful. <BR>Florence: Hotel Casci, 2*, also one large room with 1 queen and 2 twin beds. Very reasonable, not as charming but very nice breakfast room and immaculate. The family that runs it is delightful, they make you feel like family, even for a short stay.<BR>Rome: Santa Chiara, 3*, we had a 2 room suite with 1 bathroom. Lovely common spaces in this hotel. The room itself was fairly generic. <BR><BR>All these places very in great locations and are frequently mentioned on this board with very good feedback. They all have website and you can easily book through email. If you do an overnight excursion to a smaller town, I recommend the hotel Palazzo Piccolomini in Orvieta. They also have quad accommodations. It's 4* and very reasonable. Also a lovely place.

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 12:10 PM
Kate

Venice-Hotel Bernardi Semenzato Annex(only)!!! Big room had 5 people big bathroom great price. Nice owner. Very Very clean. Did not like the main hotel but annex was everything we hoped for and more.