Need driver/shuttle rec for center Rome to FCO

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21st, 2010, 11:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a list of recommended airport shuttle/limo services culled from posts on this forum over the years, but haven't used one myself in the last couple of years, and wondering if anyone has any current recommendations for a service from centro to FCO? Major considerations are reliability and price. I know the Leonardo Express is the cheapest way, but need to arrange something a little quicker that doesn't involve first getting to the stazzione.
Old Feb 21st, 2010, 11:14 AM

http://www.limoservicerome.com/

I've used it several times and have always been more than pleased. DO NOT confuse it with limoserviceSrome
Old Feb 21st, 2010, 11:32 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, avalon. That's been at the top of my list for some time. When's the last time you used them?
Old Feb 21st, 2010, 11:44 AM

MAybe 3 years ago, but ffriends have used them since and had no problems.
Old Feb 21st, 2010, 12:11 PM

Without a doubt, Rome Cabs. Used them 2 years ago, recommended here and on CruiseCritics. We had Stefano himself, and he is a true professional.

http://www.romecabs.com/
Old Feb 21st, 2010, 12:14 PM

I have used limoservicerome.com many times (most recently in the fall).
They are reliable and always on time. They even transported our group of six from Rome to Sorrento in 2007.
Old Feb 21st, 2010, 12:36 PM

Hi
We used www.romeshuttlelimousine.com/ last October and November. They picked us up at a location other than the airport for the trip into Rome and then again they took us to FCO for our return trip. Very reliable. 15 minutes early each time and the total was 75 euros for both trips. Would use again definitely.
Michele
Old Feb 21st, 2010, 12:37 PM

Our hotel in Rome always makes our limo reservations. However, the last time leaving Rome there was traffic tied up everywhere with accidents etc. Our limo couldn't get there and we finally had a taxi that could make it and it took forever to get to the airport. Because of traffic I now think taking the train to the airport is a good idea.
Old Feb 21st, 2010, 12:58 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
The Leonardo is no longer the cheapest option. The Sit Bus Shuttle is the cheapest (8€ Rome to FCO). You can catch it near Castel Sant'Angelo or outside Termini.
http://www.sitbusshuttle.it/index.php?lang=en

I've also used Limo Service Rome, but it's been several years. Taxis are set fee of 40€ for 4 people including luggage.

From the FCO website:
In correspondence of the Terminals 1,2, 3 and 5 of Fiumicino airport it is available a taxi service to Rome. The cost of the service is 40 euro, baggage included, for a maximum of four passengers, for all the destinations inside the Mura Aureliane which delimitate the central area of the city.
The cost for the service is the same also for the contrary way, from Rome to Fiumicino.

For further information contact P.I.T, the Tourist Information Point of Rome, inside the airport, which supplies information on the service, by checking if the destination requested is the destination subject to the fix rate. For different destinations the cost will be indicated by the taximeter on each taxi, to which the baggage fee shall be added.

The cars for the taxi service of the City of Rome are white and can be recognized by the sign "TAXI" on the top and by the identifying licence number on the doors, on the back and inside the car.
Old Feb 21st, 2010, 01:53 PM

If you want a private car, ask your hotel. They usually have a limo service that they use. You can be sure they will be on time because they have the hotel to answer to.
Old Feb 21st, 2010, 02:10 PM

<i><font color=#777777>"If you want a private car, ask your hotel. They usually have a limo service that they use."</font></i>

It's impossible to beat LSR's € 45 rate. That's why they're the leader.
Old Feb 21st, 2010, 03:56 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
It's impossible to beat LSR's € 45 rate. That's why they're the leader.

? Any official taxi beats their rate and so does Rome Shuttle Limousine.
Old Feb 21st, 2010, 05:26 PM

I can usually get a taxi from FCO for 30-35 euros for two persons.I have always used the Rome shuttle for my trips back to FCO.
Old Feb 21st, 2010, 07:33 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to all for your responses.
Old Feb 21st, 2010, 07:34 PM

Keith and I took a taxi from the St. Regis Grand to Fiumicino and it was 40 euros in September, 2009.

Thin
Old Feb 21st, 2010, 07:50 PM
Original Poster

Who arranged for the cab, Thin - you, or the hotel?
Old Feb 21st, 2010, 08:07 PM

We walked right out front and said to the doorman, "Taxi to Fiumicino." There were at least 3 taxis in front of the hotel on a Saturday morning in September.

All the better hotels in Rome have a line of taxis waiting by the front door. You should see all the taxis in front of the Hassler.

What hotel are you staying at?

Thin
Old Feb 21st, 2010, 08:37 PM
Original Poster

Raffaello. It's not quite in the same league as the St. Regis or the Hassler.
Old Feb 21st, 2010, 08:49 PM

<i><font color=#777777>"Any official taxi beats their rate and so does Rome Shuttle Limousine."</font></i>

This broom ride is getting tedious. Of course the official "taxi" rate beats a car service rate, probably in every civilized country on the planet. Who doesn't know that? The OP did not request official "taxi" information because I'm quite confident she already did her homework.

Rome Shuttle Limousine is also a leader in Rome and perfectly reliable. They charge slightly more if you pay by credit card but if you use them round-trip, the second leg is € 5 less. Both service leaders have fabulous luxury Mercedes, some with tinted windows. To and from airports, I don't do taxis, not even in NYC. No thank you. I love a chauffeured car service and in Rome the rates are fabulous and affordable.
Old Feb 21st, 2010, 08:52 PM

RomeCabs definitely and all the way. For everything you want in such a service - on time, courteous, helpful with luggage (even though we had a woman driver and a very slight young woman at that!!), price was right. Fabulous. Highly recommended.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -