Need cheap airfare Frankfurt to Austria

Old Jun 15th, 2000, 04:35 AM
maggi

Need cheap airfare Frankfurt to Austria

I found a great airfare to Europe on the internet ($398 round trip in August!) But I'm having trouble finding an affordable connecting flight from Frankfurt to Graz, Austria, which is only a six hour drive. Time is of the essense, so we need to fly. It will cost me a lot more than I paid to fly overseas. Can anybody help me with websites or information which deals with inter-Europe air?

Old Jun 15th, 2000, 05:21 AM
pete

I know that there is www.lastminute.com in german version, you can try this. I used to fly from FRA to Wien but don't know about a flight to Graz, i would suggest you to enter Lufthansa website or Deutsche BA site might help.

Old Jun 16th, 2000, 05:55 AM
dougd

Have you tries tiss.com? They seem to have the best rates for German and Austrian destinations.

Old Jun 16th, 2000, 09:58 PM
Peter

Maggi: $398??? where did you find that fare???

Old Jun 17th, 2000, 04:08 AM
maggi

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I did try tiss: they don't fly to Graz. Lufthansa was outrageously expensive. I may have to give up on the idea. Peter, I got that fare (actually, it was $389) from U.S. Airways. I read about it on the Frommers site, which I religiously check every day, just as I do Fodors.