Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Need budget place to stay in Annecy for Animation Festival, please help!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3rd, 2011, 11:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everybody,

There are two of us planning a 6 week trip in Europe for the first time. We're on a strict budget, and don't like to pay more than 50 dollars a night each for lodging.

Right now we're struggling to find someplace that fits that price range near Annecy, France, for the week of June 6-11 (for the Annual Animation festival). We don't mind commuting into the city via rail or bus, so long as the ride isn't much longer than an hour, but google is failing me! I can't find anyplace at all! Please help with resources or hostels/hotels, if you know of any. Thank you very much!
Old Jan 4th, 2011, 07:27 PM

Here's where we stayed last spring. Simple, but clean and confortable with private bath. Great breakfast. The owners speak pretty good English. It's about a 45 minute drive by car from Annecy in the small village of Cons-Sainte-Colombe. There is bus service, but I can't advise on it's convience as we had a car. From the B&B it's about a 1/2 mile walk to the bus. Here's a link:

http://annecy.lescolombines.free.fr/

Also a link to our blog and the entry about our stay.

http://tinyurl.com/29nelsu
Old Jan 4th, 2011, 11:35 PM

You will note that Les Colombines in the above response is 50 euros for two, not dollars.

Fifty dollars limit = about 37 euros for two; that's pretty limiting. Will you have camping gear and be able to camp?

I would contact the Annecy tourist office and see if they are able to help you. You could also try Lonely Planet since many of their subscribers are on tighter budgets.
Old Jan 5th, 2011, 04:29 AM

I think they mean paying $50 EACH per night, that is $100 for the two of them. In that case, Hôtel du Nord could be a good choice - I stayed there in June 2006 for three nights. Perfectly acceptable.
http://www.annecy-hotel-du-nord.com/
Old Jan 5th, 2011, 09:25 AM

Thanks, Keren; missed the "each" part of the post.

My twenty-something sons stayed at the Savoie.

http://www.hoteldesavoie.fr/page1_en.html

Funky place, but ideally located, and might just squeak into your budget. Entrance is part of the church and rooms are small/odd shaped but were clean, if a little tired looking. It took a while to locate it simply because they didn't expect it to actually be part of the church facade (on the left).
Old May 22nd, 2011, 02:56 PM

Shared apt 5 minutes to the Annecy Festival Center

Hi, I'm also attending this year's Animation Festival at Annecy. I found a nice shared apartment that can take 3-4 people(two single beds and one double). and the location is great, only 5 min walking distance to the Festival center. Newly furnished.

I'm looking for 2-3 people to share the apt with. Preferred all females or a couple+1.

it works out to be around only 150-200 Euros per person for the entire week from June 5 to 12.

Contact me if you're interested!

Cheerio.

Cindy
[email protected]
Old May 22nd, 2011, 09:08 PM

You might check out Ibis Annecy Centre Vielle Ville.