We are planning to visit close friends in southern France in 2013. The months they said are best for them are May, June, or September. We will be staying with them, so hotels are not an issue. What we need to find is the most affordable airfare option for 2 adults and 2 children (5 and 7). Does anyone have any advice as to when and/or where we should fly into? We will be departing from Chicago and are open to arriving into southern France by train from any surrounding area/country. Length of stay will be about 10 days give or take. Budget is our key factor right now, although we'd also like to avoid the first week of June and the first week of September due to school timing.
Thanks for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 2 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 3 2 week May trip with kids
- 4 Paris November 2017
- 5 Room in Boppard with a Rhine view
- 6 Arezzo - how much time?
- 7 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 8 New Years in France
- 9 Easter Week in Italy
- 10 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 11 hotel reservations in Switzerland in June?
- 12 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 13 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 14 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 15 Which Aran Island??
- 16 Spain or Portugal
- 17 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 18 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 19 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 20 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 21 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 22 9 day trip to France
- 23 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 24 15 days honeymoon trip to Europe in February end and March
- 25 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)