Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Need advice on Paris and Rome Hotels (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/need-advice-on-paris-and-rome-hotels-17456/)

Carl Fields Sep 26th, 1997 12:55 PM

Need advice on Paris and Rome Hotels

I am looking for small, quaint Hotels in Rome and Paris that have King size beds or at least Queen. Something in the heart of city close to Tourist sights..Three or Four Star preferably.

Tricia Sep 27th, 1997 10:04 AM

Frommers-"Best of the Cities-Europe" lists two in the 8th Arrondissement that might be of interest to you (160-252 dollars). See what district you want to stay in and then you will be able to know where to tell us you want recommendations. Frommers explains the left and right bank and the districts(over 20 of them)the 8th is the heart of Paris and near the attractions I take it. Check this website- go back to lounge and click on Paris and it will give you a list, low to high price -also check www.eurotrip.com--has hostels but also you can type in the city and get a list of nice hotels with pictures, prices, fax and phone numbers etc.

Ed Sep 28th, 1997 09:15 AM

Carl: I have been to Paris a dozen times and I now
stay at IBIS Hotel #2 Rue Cambronne. Newly renovated
hotel 20 minute walk from Eiffel Tower, about $90
per night for two people. I do not like to spend
a lot of money for hotels as I am only there to sleep. Prefer to spend money on retaurants and
sightseeing. IBIS is a chain of hotels and there
are about 15 throughout Paris. I like this one as
it is close to Eiffel Tower and there is a metro
stop just outside the front door. It is located in
a delightful area of the city, regards, Ed

Bill Fuller Sep 28th, 1997 06:29 PM

Several clean and safe hotels priced at $40 to $65 per double room can be found on Rue Cler in the 7th. Check out this street in the Paris guide books. This is a great location between Invalides and tour Effel.

Martina Oct 2nd, 1997 09:05 AM

We stayed at the Tourville in Paris,Very accomodating staff,small but pretty rooms,4*. In Rome we stayed another 4*, the Raphael. Ask for a renovated room. About $230 a night located at the Piazza Navona, incredible Piacasso collecion in the lobby and a great roof top restaurant/terrace.

donna Oct 10th, 1997 01:52 PM

I was in Paris last week and stayed at a very cute hotel - Hotel Champs du Mars (it's in the 7th on rue
Champs du Mars, in the Rue Cler neighborhood & near the Tour Eiffel) It was only 390 francs a night (about $65). The rooms are done in Provencal decor, and were very comfortable. Breakfast is 35 francs, but there is a great cafe across the street to have breakfast. It fills up quickly since it is in Rick Steve's and a book of cute hotels in France. Good luck.

steve Oct 12th, 1997 11:18 AM

The Hotel de L'Universite in the 7th -St. Germain area is quite charming. Our room had extremely high ceilings and full length windows. The bath was all marble. It is a small hotel and does not have a lot of amenities, but the staff is very pleasant and the location is excellent-near lots of antique shops and easy walk to many places. I was there about 3 years ago and paid about $165 a night- I understand it's increased its prices a good bit since then.