Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Need advice on 9 day itinierary that has significantly morphed!
Notices

Need advice on 9 day itinierary that has significantly morphed!

Aug 4th, 2015, 01:01 PM
Original Poster

Need advice on 9 day itinierary that has significantly morphed!

I had been planning to do a 14 day trip this fall that included Amsterdam (4-5 nights) with daytrips, Bruges (2-3 nights as a base) and ending up in Paris with my 24 year old son and husband.
That has somewhat changed to next June after my younger son graduates from college and will likely be 9 nights.

I am somewhat pressed to book the flights asap as I have limited miles and there are good flights to be had now, but am having itinerary panic. One son is not as keen on Paris (although I am) but there is a part of me that would also like to squeeze in a different city (we have only been to Italy and England and France). Copenhagen, which I hadn't considered, is of great interest to my son. I would like to lock in my arrival and departure cities if possible, even if there are some change fees later on, as I would then have almost a year for the fun part of planning.

Would really appreciate any thoughts or advice as well as a logical distribution of days and order of cities if we wanted to include Copenhagen, Amsterdam and Bruges.
The best cities for available flights for my mileage level seem to be Amsterdam and to a lesser extent Brussels. Can Copenhagen be done as a "side trip" or is that economic suicide?
Thanks for your help!
Aug 5th, 2015, 10:58 PM

squeezing in Copenhagen is not really feasible. You'll lose 3 days that way. Copenhagen is sufficiently nice though, to perhaps cause you to drop Paris! Then you can squeeze in Hamburg as a side trip en route to CPH.

Search this Thread