We are a family of four (husband, wife, 2 girls aged 9 and 3) and we will be in London from July 12 (noon) to July 19 (noon). Here is our itinerary.
July 12th evening - London Eye
July 13th - Tower of London, St. Paul's Cathedral
July 14th - Day trip to Bath
July 15th - Westminster Abbey, Hampton Court Palace
July 16th - Day trip to Oxford
July 17th - Buckhingam palace, Trafalgar Square, Big Ben, The National History museum
July 18th - Kew Gardens
July 19th - Get ready to go back
I am looking for feedback on the following.
1. Does the itinerary look doable?
2. Are there places I should add to this list?
3. Are there places I should remove from this list?
4. Is London Pass worth it or should I do pay as you go model for the above places? (Cost is roughly about the same but London pass will make things a little rushed. However, London Pass offers us the flexibility of avoiding longer lines)
5. Are the lines really long for the above places (which makes London Pass a must)?
6. For the day trips what kind of pass should I buy? We are traveling from US. Should I book the day trip tickets/ pass in advance (before landing in UK)?
7. What travel card should I buy? Is Zone1 and Zone2 enough for the places we are planning to go to?
8. What kind of clothes to pack? Is the weather warm enough for skirts/ shorts?
9. Do we need a jacket?
10. Do the grocery stores sell rice? I am thinking of making our own food a few times but not sure if I need to pack ingredients from here or can I easily buy it there.
11. Finally, recommendations on good places to eat (Thai, Indian, Italian, Mexican are our preferences)
That's a long list of questions hopefully someone can help me out here. Thanks a ton in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 2 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 3 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 4 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 5 London vacation rental agency
- 6 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 7 Scotland ideas
- 8 land vs river cruise
- 9 The World's Greatest Churches
- 10 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 11 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 12 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 13 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 14 Malaga Christmas lights
- 15 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 16 Trans Siberian Train
- 17 Tips for first trip to UK
- 18 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 19 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 20 South of France
- 21 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 22 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 23 My France Vacation
- 24 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 25 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid