Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Need advice even after all the research...

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 2008, 05:05 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Myself and my husband and another couple are travelling to Paris for 2 nights in December on the way to a wedding in the UK. We will be flying from Hong Kong and arriving at CDG at 9.40am. I have no doubt that we will be jet lagged and unable to check in to our hotel when we arrive so am trying to base our itinerary on these factors. Firstly - I think staying near/in the St Germain des Pres would be best as we have all been to Paris before and would like to be able to wander around at leisure, visiting cafes, wine bars etc and have an early dinner close to the hotel. We'd prefer to keep our budget under 300e.....any suggestions? Also, we love good food and are prepared to pay for a great lunch the 2nd day though would happily visit an inexpensive place for great food and wine (and service). I have looked through this forum and tripadvisor and still cannot come to any decision...please help with any recommendations and suggestions, Thank you!
Old May 13th, 2008, 07:36 AM

ttt
Old May 13th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Original Poster

Thank you PalenQ that's very helpful....
Old May 13th, 2008, 04:42 PM

hkgirl:

I hope you know that that WAS very helpful, as without PalenQ "topping" your post, it might have dropped into oblivion.
Old May 13th, 2008, 06:54 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Instead of ttt - explaining why your post has not got much response might have been more helpful.

You title is next to useless. &quot;<i>Need advice even after all the research...</i>&quot; could be asking anything about anyplace in Europe. I would re-post w/ a title something like &quot;Need help w/ hotel in the 6th and places to eat&quot;

Also - when you do re-post - please clarify if your &euro;300 is per room or for all 4 of you.
Old May 13th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Original Poster

OK, thanks everyone. Now I see that PalenQ was being helpful as explained above, my apologies PalenQ, I am a bit new at this. Taking on board the advice I will re post - Thank you.