Grindelwald or Lauterbrunnen or Murren?

Old Mar 30th, 2016, 09:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grindelwald or Lauterbrunnen or Murren?

I need help deciding which place in Switzerland is best for hiking. The places that work best with my trip are Grindelwald, Lauterbrunnen, and Murren. I have 2 days and think i will only have time for one of these places. I am looking for the most beautiful hiking trails, My Girlfriend and I are in our mid 20's and active though neither of us have that much experience in hiking. both of us are mostly interested in the most scenic trails. thanks for any help
Old Mar 30th, 2016, 11:39 AM

Grindelwald, Lauterbrunnen and Wengen (a real favorite of many Fodorites) offer equally great access to many neat hikes - Murren is isolated from many of the main trails and thus would take longer to get to them as from the other three - the most popular hikes in the area - there is good hiking in the Murren area for sure also.
Old Mar 30th, 2016, 05:52 PM
kja

With only 2 days, even if you have the good fortune to have ideal weather, you have time for only a few walks, and there are so many gorgeous trails that I, personally, wouldn't choose among these options SIMPLY for convenient access to trails. Rather, I would look for convenience of access to sites OUTSIDE the area if the weather is not cooperative. JMO.
Old Mar 30th, 2016, 07:01 PM

We were in Murran in 2011 and did an great hike with 2 families, including very active kids ages 8 to 14. The hike was incredible with great views of the lakes on one side and the mountains on the other. It goes from Schynige Platte to First. There is some good info at https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopi...n_of_Bern.html

Do a search for the following in Google Earth:
Schynige Platte, Gündlischwand, Switzerland

It's not too extreme...but the views are just incredible.
Old Mar 31st, 2016, 11:31 AM

https://www.google.com/search?q=alp+...w=1745&bih=868 has only a few days in the Jungfrau Region - the walk Wekiva talks about everyone raves about - well if going down from the top where the train lets you off.

But Grindelwald for the OP would be much better located for that trip than from Murren - must easier and quicker.