Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Need accomodations in Cork City, Dingle, and near Shannon airport.

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 09:03 AM
Julie

I am trying to find a nice hotel or B&B in or very near Cork City. Also, need accomodations in Dingle and near Shannon airport. Have two Town and COuntry B&B vouchers.
Thanks

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 09:12 AM
Hiho

Julie - I know a couple of great B&B's in the Dingle area - one right in town and own out in the countryside a few miles away. However, neither of them are on the voucher plans you mentioned, so you are out of luck. I don't really see the benefit of those voucher plans myself.

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 09:48 AM
Kelley

In Cork..there is ONLY one place to stay!! Stay at Hayfield Manor. What a wonderfully, quaint hotel. I don't know about B&B vouchers, but you could call/email and check. Go to www.hayfieldmanor.ie

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 10:00 AM
Sherry

Hiho. Would you please give me the names of the B&B's you mentioned?

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 10:48 AM
Julie

Hiho--We have one night where we will not use the vouchers. I, too, would love to know the names of the places to stay near Dingle. Thnaks!

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 11:38 AM
bill

Julie:

The Shores near Castlegregory (North Dingle coast)is a five star B&B and they accept vouchers. Nicest B&B I've stayed in.

I don't believe Bunratty Lodge accepts vouchers or I would suggest a stay there (near the airport).

Go to the Town and Country website.
http://www.townandcountry.ie/

Bill

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 12:47 PM
kerry

Julie,
Although Hayfield manor is a very luxurious hotel it's pretty expensive. If you're looking for a B+B that's moderately priced, try the Garnish house on the Western road, it's about 15mins walk from city centre, right across from the university campus (which is beautiful). Alot of my business colleagues have stayed in Garnish and were very happy with it.
I think their website is www.garnish.ie
There's alot of other B+Bs on this same road (Western rd), as well as a Jurys hotel (not an INN),
have a good trip,
Kerry

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 04:17 AM
Linda

In Dingle we stayed at Duinin House. It was lovely. Enjoyed their great breakfasts. Dingle is fun. We had a good meal at the Smokehouse. The Dingle pub was picture perfect. The Slea Head drive is so beautiful.