NEED A NEW HOTEL IN VENICE

Apr 26th, 1999, 03:12 PM
Marcel

NEED A NEW HOTEL IN VENICE

Hello everyone,
We just booked a hotel in Venice through our agent and found out it was actually in Mestre (The San Giuliano). Now we can't find an available two or three star hotel ($150 to $230)at all. Does anybody know any hidden secrets in Venice available from 26 May to 31 May 99. Thanks in advance.

Apr 26th, 1999, 07:23 PM
Joanna

Don't know about availability, but the American Hotel in the accademia area is very nice and not too pricey. It has gorgeous public rooms with antiques and the rooms are quaint. Most have some sort of view. It's worth a try, as I found this area rather quiet compared with other parts of Venice. Good luck.

Apr 26th, 1999, 07:27 PM
Anna

My husband and I stayed at the Locanda Sturion, it is about a block down from the Rialto Bridge on the Grand Canal. We had a huge room over the canal for L320,000 in 1997. There is no elevator and it is on the third floor, so be warned (pack light!). Here is a link to their website and yes, it looks as nice as it does in the pictures!
http://www.sayville.com/sturionus.html

Apr 27th, 1999, 03:59 AM
elaine

Do a search on this Forum for Venice hotel and you'll find many suggestions.

Apr 27th, 1999, 04:24 AM
Paulo

I heard, in another forum, that Venice is just about crowded, in May. A week or so ago, a participant was able to find a room at the Alla Salute da Cici, a 2-star located between the La Salute church and the Accademia, in Dorsoduro (Tel +39 041 5235404 Fax +39 041 5222271).
One other hotel you may try, is the Giorgione, one of the best buys in Venice in the price range you're willing to pay. This is a 4-star hotel in the Ca' d'Oro area at 3-star rates. A standard double costs Lit 350,000. You should try at http://www.hotelgiorgione.com/rates.htm
If you're not able to secure reservations in either, you may try to contact Venice's Hotel Association, specify your requirements, and let them find you a room. Refer to http://www.veniceinfo.it/

Good luck

Paulo

Apr 27th, 1999, 07:40 AM
ricahrd j. vicek

Good morning, Marcel
Surf:
www.hotelbook.com/ and
www.hotelguide.ch/ and
www.veniceinfo,it/
Hotel listings most with on line booking.
Richard of Hickory Hills, IL..

May 3rd, 1999, 03:12 PM
Lesley

Paolo listed for you The Giorgione--I just stayed there in March and it was fabulous. The price was about US$140/night, and the hotel was pretty, had wonderful service, and was in a nice location. I HIGHLY recommend this place!

May 3rd, 1999, 03:52 PM
Becky

Try the following: Al Gambero (reasonable price), Hotel La Fenice et des Artistes (mid), San Moise (expensive). It is too late to fax and email; pick up the telephone. The sites listed by someone else have these numbers listed.