Need a hotel in Paris near city center for September 14th and 15th

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I thought I had a hotel but I got an email from Hotel Clement says reservation denied. I think that means that the room type or dates I requested were not available. So now I need another hotel. We are traveling with Globus tours and staying at the Radison Blu Boulgne until Sept 13th. We want to stay an extra 2 nights in Paris. We only need a hotel with a private bath and a lift our budget is 200 euro per night. If we can get close enough too the city center or near the river (not sure if the city center and river is together never been to France) we can pay a little more because then we can walk and not have to pay for transportation. We are active and walk about 2 miles per day. I'm really stressing right now. Please help.
Old Aug 29th, 2013, 09:10 AM

Did you call them direct--not dealing through email?
Transportation is not all that expensive in Paris, and "city center" can mean arrondisements 1-8.
did you check with the tour hotel?
Old Aug 29th, 2013, 09:16 AM

It has been quite a few years since we stayed there, but here's one very close to L'Etoile and metro. Good luck!

http://www.hotelceramic.com/index.php
Old Aug 29th, 2013, 09:18 AM

When you get a map of Paris you'll see the city center is pretty much all along the river.

As Gretchen says, transportation is not expensive to the point it would make a difference in your hotel budget.
Old Aug 29th, 2013, 10:04 AM

When I traveled Europe I often used airbnb https://www.airbnb.com/tell-a-friend...1pc5bz63b3bzz5

In one case I was able to book an entire flat for extremely cheap and it was beautiful and much larger than most.
Old Aug 29th, 2013, 10:47 AM

Several years ago on a Rick Steves tour, we stayed at the Trianon Rive Gauche (I notice it's now a Best Western) near Luxembourg Gardens. Great location, decent reviews on TripAdvisor, and it seems to be within your budget. You might give it a look.
Old Aug 29th, 2013, 11:18 AM

Are you sure you want to move from your original hotel? On Radisson website it is available for the next two nights for 144 Euro per night. It's not exactly central but it is near enough to a metro stop.
Old Aug 29th, 2013, 12:15 PM

Certainly not worth moving, to my way of thinking. They'll already know the neighborhood.
Old Aug 29th, 2013, 02:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Paris Fashion Week starts September 24.

I am surprised you didn't book extra nights at your hotel through Globus; they usually offer that service.

You can try Hotel College de France in the 5th. It is two blocks from the Seine near Maubert -Mutuality Metro Stop.

The hotel has a lift.

You can easily walk to Notre Dame from the hotel.

Thin
Old Aug 29th, 2013, 03:04 PM

Have you tried all the hotels that were recommended in your other thread?
Old Aug 29th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Original Poster

Thank you everyone. I wasn't able to get the extra nights with Globus. I'm not sure if they were allotted a certain number of extra rooms. I did find a hotel Hôtel le 20 prieuré
20 rue du Grand Prieuré for less than 200 euro per night with a corporate discount code. Has anyone stayed here or heard anything about it? It sounds like its in a great location. Oh one last thing. Now I just need to know where I can find some inexpensive trinkets for gifts.
Old Aug 29th, 2013, 04:50 PM

No help here with prieure, sorry!
Old Aug 29th, 2013, 05:15 PM

One thing to definitely consider for the hotel at 20 rue du Grand Prieuré is that it is very close to Republique. The Paris Techno parade is on Sept. 14, and it starts at Republique - around noon I think. If that is your check in day it could be a bit of a mess trying to get there in a taxi or even on the metro (because a lot of people will be going to the parade.)

If you are arriving on the 13th, it won't be a big deal getting in and out with luggage, but you'll definitely see some things you did not count on, the next day.
Old Aug 29th, 2013, 05:17 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Ratings and comments on booking.com:

http://www.booking.com/hotel/fr/le-2...-blockdisplay4
Old Aug 29th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Original Poster

Thanks you, I guess I booked the wrong hotel. I wanted to be within walking distance of the city center. Is this hotel on the river? if not I may need to try and find another hotel. Is it closer than the Radison Blu Boulgne?
Old Aug 29th, 2013, 06:53 PM

Please don't get hung up on "walking to the city center". You won't. It isn't in Paris.
for "trinkets". At museum shops there are beautiful post it notes with works of arts on the top/edge. I love to give those. Paris museum shops are the place to shop.
Old Aug 29th, 2013, 08:00 PM

To the OP -- did you know you can plug the name of virtually any hotel into Google Maps and see exactly where it's located? I just did that with the Hotel le 20. It is about a 30 minute walk from Notre Dame, which technically speaking is "the center", since it's the spot from which all distances in the city are measured.
Old Aug 30th, 2013, 07:04 AM

Hotel saint germain des pres rue Bonaparte perfect location 50 meters from metro
Old Aug 30th, 2013, 07:30 AM

Azzure is of course correct about "center" but I think my point about "center" is that it could be Notre Dame or the Eiffel Tower or the Arc or the Louvre for me personally. ;o)
There are many wonderful parts of Paris to stay in and walk from--or take the bus or Metro easily.
Old Aug 30th, 2013, 08:33 AM

well, this isn't a surprise, I gave you advice on the other thread and said it was full, most hotels are in the center for mid-September. I also gave you a link to a nice hotel In Montparnasse that actually had double rooms on your dates for less than 200 euro, I checked. Of course, someone else said you wouldn't want to walk from there to the river and back in one day as it is 1.25 miles each way, so I guess it is out. Boulogne isn't even in Paris at all, it's a suburb, so it isn't hard to beat that location.

Why are you so hung up about being on the river? I thought you said you didn't want to be in a tourist area, but wanted to hang with locals, although of course you can change your mind if you don't want to learn public transporation. I hope you aren't being literal about being right on the river as there aren't very many hotels in that location, only a few.

I think you could use www.booking.com, also, at least it will show vacancies pretty well and a lot of hotels do use it. You have to understand that you have pretty picky requirements and you said your budget was only 200 euro which is low for high season in the center where you want. And you won't even get a possible 3-day rate special (which a lot of hotels have in Paris) as you only want 2 nights now.

Okay, this is the hotel group that contains the one I suggested before, only that one is gone now. But they have a lot of nice hotels http://www.espritdefrance.com

They have 3 in the center between 225 to 250 euro per night for a double (the Mansart at 230, the Hotel d'Orsay at 250 for a superior, and the 4* Parc St Severin at 250 euro). Any would be fine, I'd probably pick the Parc St Severin as closest to what you want.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -