Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Need a hotel in Condom (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/need-a-hotel-in-condom-479279/)

Cameron Oct 8th, 2004 10:40 PM

Need a hotel in Condom

We will be in Condom for one night, in a couple of weeks, as a stopover. Can someone suggest a hotel in the 100E range? Thanks.

degas Oct 9th, 2004 01:12 AM

What size do you need? I usually get an extra large, but they have small ones if you don't have much to work with.

hsv Oct 9th, 2004 04:29 AM

The headline of this post is pretty original- I have so far only heard of people needing a condom in a hotel.

Patrick Oct 9th, 2004 04:31 AM

The important part is that it must be clean and safe!

Cameron Oct 9th, 2004 06:11 AM

I knew this was going to happen.

This is a serious request for a suggestion for a hotel. Condom is about halfway between Sarlat and Tarbes.

C'mon guys, give a girl a break!

Patrick Oct 9th, 2004 06:55 AM

Cameron, one word of advice. Never say "give a girl a break" when talking about Condom.

Trojan Hotel ?
Durex Motor Inn ?
Hotel Ramses ?

You know, if I had a serious answer to give you, I would, but you won't find many people with good information about Condom hotels. Maybe somebody will have a suggestion, but meanwhile as you admit -- you knew this would happen. You just opened up too many possibilities.

Kate2 Oct 9th, 2004 07:01 AM

Le Logis des Cordeliers

annesherrod Oct 9th, 2004 07:08 AM

OK, I am usually very good with Geography, ( we have had the geography discussion on various other threads here recently)
Where is Condom?
Could it ppossibly be down the road from Diaphram Village!!! sorry, couldn't resisit

cigalechanta Oct 9th, 2004 07:17 AM

Condom is near Agen in foie gras country and where Armagnac is produced.
On the route Condom in Valance-sur-Baise is the Ferme de Flaren.
In Condom, I only know the Logis des Coedeliers but there's only breakfast.

cigalechanta Oct 9th, 2004 07:19 AM

I mentioned Condom on a thread of underhill's when we 'played"with her post.

degas Oct 9th, 2004 07:19 AM

Isn't it near a famous Penal Colony?

cigalechanta Oct 9th, 2004 07:33 AM

Yes, in a safe-ty zone!

crefloors Oct 9th, 2004 07:51 AM

I would have slit my wrists before posting a subject head (head?) like that on THIS board...LOL LOL !!!!

Budman Oct 9th, 2004 08:00 AM

Condom? Isn't it near Intercourse (PA)? ((b))

Underhill Oct 9th, 2004 08:41 AM

In answer to the OP's question, the Michelin red guide shows Les Trois Lys as the best hotel in Condom; two others are the Continental and the Logis des Cordeliers. All three appear to be 2 stars.

annesherrod Oct 9th, 2004 08:44 AM

Cigalechanta,

Thanks for the info. I honestly have never heard of it.One has to admit it is good fodder for fun!
A

StCirq Oct 9th, 2004 11:14 AM

Condom is a lovely town! I've never stayed overnight there, but the Guide du Routard recommends the Hôtel des Trois Lys (3*), the Logis des Cordelliers (2*), and the Moulin du Petit Gascon, on the route d'Eauze (this last one sounds wonderful in the description).

Michael Oct 9th, 2004 11:37 AM

Not close to Intercourse PA, but close to <i>baise</i>, as posted by cigalechanta. Remember the song of Bobby La Pointe in <i>Tirez sur le pianiste</i>?

cigalechanta Oct 9th, 2004 11:56 AM

Charles Aznavour, in Shoot the piano player?

Michael Oct 9th, 2004 11:58 AM

He was the lead, but did not sing the song.