Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Last minute trip to Prague and Vienna. Desparately need help with Vienna hotel for 3.

Search

Last minute trip to Prague and Vienna. Desparately need help with Vienna hotel for 3.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 12:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We're leaving in 3 weeks for 5 nights in Prague and then 3 nights in Vienna before heading out to the Middle East. My husband will be working there so we thought we'd like to break up the trip with a short vacation in Europe. I booked an apartment in Prague (there will be 4 of us there)for $1500. I have been searching for hours to try to find something under $300 a night for 3 people in Vienna. I know Vienna is more expensive. Am I being unrealistic? Most discount websites show max 2 people.
Any suggestions? Priceline has the Hotel de France for $865 but they don't guarante that a hotel will allow an extra bed. Should I take a chance?
Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 01:01 PM
LN

Try talking to the Hotel Josefhof - it's part of the Accor chain and Mercure. We stayed there and had a room with a king bed AND a sofa bed. One really great thing about the hotel was that it was in the museum area and was so convenient to everything. It could not have been better!!

Check under Mercure and you'll find it. For us it was like a little jewel.
Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 01:02 PM

If you don't mind simple (but clean) lodging in a central location (just around the corner from St. Stephan's Cathedral), you could try Hotel Pension City. http://www.citypension.at/en/zimmer.html

I stayed there in 2006 and loved the central location and it was clean. The website says it can accommodate triple/quadruple. Might be worth checking out.
Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 01:17 PM

We are a party of 3 also (2 adults and 1 child), and I found I couldn't book hotels on Priceline, Tripadvisor, etc. . . b/c none would allow 3 people in a room. I booked our hotel in Vienna by contacting the hotel directly. We have a reservation at the Hotel Kaiserin Elisabeth in June. Our triple room is 238 Euros. I have never been to this hotel, but some close family friends were in Vienna not too long ago, and they checked it out for us (even brought us back photos of the lobby, entrance, etc. .. ) They said it is a very nice hotel in a great location and that the staff was extremely nice.
Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 01:58 PM
LN

You might also look at Mercure Grand Hotel Biedermier on Landstresse Hauptstrasse. It is a very, very convenient location and I believe you can find a room for much less than $300 Euros.

We originally found ours Hotel Josefhof on Priceline through bidding and now that is where I would always stay.
Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 02:02 PM
yk

You can try Pension Suzanne where I had stayed at a few years ago. It's quite basic but in an excellent location. Should be within your budget. The website says they have "three-bedded rooms".

http://www.pension-suzanne.at/english/zimmer.htm
Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 02:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hi Darnwright; You could try this hotel as they have a 'family room'. The hotel is Konig Von Ungarn and they have a 'great' location in the old town. The web site is kvu.at ENJOY Iris
Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 03:00 PM

We just stayed at Pension Suzanne last week and thought it was great. It is located one block from the Opera, central to everything. The room was comfortable, clean, and quite. It was 100 Euros a night for the two of us and that included breakfast. The outside of the building is very plain and not much of a lobby, but if you can get over this, it is a great deal.
Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 03:08 PM

We also stayed at Pension Suzanne for New Years and loved the location, and were very, very happy with our room, TV, free internet in office for anyones use and the large breakfast.
Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 03:10 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for all the suggestions! I sent an email to the Hotel Josefhof about the 3rd person in the room and haven't heard back.I will continue down the list of suggestions. I know that I looked at the Pension Suzanne and I believe they were booked. My head is spinning but I will persevere. Thanks.
Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 05:28 PM

We got Marriott in Vienna 4 years ago for $100 a night thru priceline. I just check biddingfortravel.com and saw someone won that for $115 a night May 2-8. So maybe you can try to bid for 4 star in Vienna and try to get that but there is always a chance that you won't get it. Their standard room has 2 double beds (which is quite rare with European hotel rooms as they usually have 2 twin beds) and we had no problem fitting our family of 4 in it. My kids were young back then (age 6 and 7).
Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 05:33 PM

You might try the Hotel Austria. Our "room" actually had two rooms; one with two twin beds and another with a day bed which I think could be converted to a twin.
I have some pictures of it on my website here:
http://www.wired2theworld.com/Centra...nna030607.html
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 12:11 AM

On www.hrs.de you can do a search for 3 people - and it often has great rates.
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 02:58 AM

We are staying in an apartment in Vienna this Fall which I discovered via another fodorite's recommendation. You may want to check it out:

http://members.chello.at/walkner/gallerieem08/
Old Apr 25th, 2008, 06:20 AM
Mambo_

Definitely recommend Hotel Kaiserin Elisabeth. It is elegant boutique hotel, very near the Stephansdom and central Vienna. Our family of four had a nice, large room. Very nice breakfast buffet included, in their pretty room.

Contact them directly via e-mail. Rates will be better.
>-

Old Jul 5th, 2008, 03:38 AM

bm
Old Aug 3rd, 2008, 08:30 AM

I am also looking a room for 3 in Vienna, except less expensive (about €115). The Hotel Pension City that aggiegirl recommended is perfect for me but they are full. They were €89 a night + a bit extra for the 3rd bed. Any suggestions?
Old Aug 4th, 2008, 02:24 PM

mimmel - There are 3 of us to one room at Pension Suzanne and our price is 135 Euro. It is a great location and from the reviews I think we will be very happy there.
Old Aug 4th, 2008, 06:34 PM

Several years ago our family of three stayed at Pension Pertsky in a great location in Vienna right of the Graben. The hotel had a nice size family room - it was immaculate and a nice size bathroom. The breakfast was excellent and the staff were very nice.
Old Aug 4th, 2008, 07:01 PM

I am happy to say that I found a 3 bed room ensuite at K & T Boardinghouse. It is €89 per night and is fairly central. I'm not sure what floor it's on but it is well reviewed & so I am content. I'll let you know how it turns out. Thanks for all the suggestions.

bratsandbeer - is seems we'll both be in Prague & Vienna at the same time. What are the chances we'll bump into each other?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -