Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Need 1st cl Paris Hotel in the 6th (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/need-1st-cl-paris-hotel-in-the-6th-123295/)

Caroline B May 10th, 2001 03:57 PM

Need 1st cl Paris Hotel in the 6th

Can anyone reccommend a First Class hotel in the 6th? Like charming hotel in active area. <BR>

JOdy May 10th, 2001 04:14 PM

The only 2 really 1st class hotels in the 6th I can think of are Relais Christine, and Hotel d'Aubusson. try RESERVE THE BEST maybe there are more. There are certainly lots of charming 3 and 4 star hotels there but for __1st Class you may need the Right bank, George cinq, etc. wish that was my problem!

Jon May 10th, 2001 04:25 PM

I believe Relais Christine & Lutetia are the nicest in the 6th. As far as location goes, I can't think of a better facility than that of Au Manoir Saint Germaine des Pres. It is a 4 star located above Brasserie Lipp, across the street from Les Deux Magots. I wouldn't call it first class, but it is definitely a charming hotel in an active area. <BR>Have a great trip, <BR>j.

Ursula May 11th, 2001 12:40 AM

Caroline: Next to Relais Christine and some others mentioned, there is also <BR> <BR>"L'Hôtel" <BR>13, Rue des Beaux-Arts <BR>www.l-hotel.com <BR> <BR>Where Mick Jagger and Jerry Hall used to stay. Beautiful bar. A must!

Fred May 11th, 2001 04:07 AM

In the 6th? There's La Villa St Germain (4 star left bank), Hotel d' Aubusson (4 star left bank), Relais Christine (4 star left bank), Le Relais Saint-Germain (4 star left bank), L'Hotel Guy Louis du Boucheron (4 star left bank. There are a lot more on the right bank. For more Paris informatiomn e-mail me - [email protected] <BR>

Fred May 11th, 2001 04:11 AM

In the 6th? There's La Villa St Germain (4 star left bank), Hotel d' Aubusson (4 star left bank), Relais Christine (4 star left bank), Le Relais Saint-Germain (4 star left bank), L'Hotel Guy Louis du Boucheron (4 star left bank. There are a lot more on the right bank. For more Paris information e-mail me

Ursula May 11th, 2001 04:28 AM

Fred: You do not need to post your answer twice! <BR> <BR>Do you read the previous suggestions? <BR> <BR>I already mentioned "L'Hôtel" (Guy Louis de Boucheron), even with their own website and the others are mentioned as well, just for your info! <BR> <BR>

Josette May 11th, 2001 03:07 PM

The Hotel de Fleurie is beautiful. You'd like it!

Ben May 11th, 2001 04:57 PM

Have stayed at both Relais Chistine and Relais St. Germaine. The first is definitely first class (almost stuffy). The other is quaint and my wife and I actually liked it better. We had a wonderful room overlooking the square and never got tired of people watching. It all depends on what you are looking for.

Christina May 11th, 2001 07:59 PM

If first class means four-star (which I think it usually does), there are several more four-star hotels in St-Germain I don't think have been mentioned. There aren't really a lot, maybe a dozen or so total, so that does narrow it down. Hotel Montalembert (this is really in the 7th not far across border), Hotel Bel Ami, Hotel St-Gregoire, Relais Hotel de Vieux Paris, Hotel Littre and Victoria Palace are others. I think that's probably about almost all of them with the others mentioned above. I don't stay in that expensive a hotel so don't know them personally, only from web sites and guidebooks and people's comments; Victoria Palace is a new one, I think (building not necessarily new) and I am not crazy about the location of Littre myself. I think the Bel Ami and MOntalembert look cool, and the St Gregoire maybe more what you think of as charming, although Montalembert has both traditional and modern-style rooms. ANyway, you probably want personal recommendations, so I will end.

Tony Nov 25th, 2001 03:52 PM

Have to agree with Ben above. We have stayed at both. While the Relais Christine is somewhat nicer inside, it is stuffy. We much preferred our stay at Relais St. Germaine, which happened only because we couldn't get a room at Relais Christine. My wife and I never tired of watching people in the square below our window. Its also in a very central location near a subway stop with several great little restaurants located within walking distance, and a very helpful concierge.

Fred Nov 25th, 2001 05:16 PM

Relais Christine, Villa St Germain, Montalembert, d' Aubusson are all 4 stars. For more Paris information e-mail me - [email protected]

Arnie Nov 25th, 2001 06:35 PM

Stayed at D'Aubusson in Oct. It was excellant with with a very helpful staff. They currently have a "winter promotion" that runs through Feb 2002. Check it out on the hotel's web site www.hoteldaubusson.com

topper Jan 24th, 2002 06:35 AM

topping

toptop Jan 29th, 2002 07:17 AM

topping