Reload this Page >

nearest vaporetto stop to Calle Specchier in Venice

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 09:13 PM
Harriette

Coming from airport-- need info as to how far Monte Carlo Hotel on Calle Specchier is from vaporetto or is it possible to take a water taxi directly to that street. If vaporetto which line? Thanks

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 05:03 AM
Marj

Email the hotel and ask. I'm sure they will give you all the information you need.

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 05:20 AM
xxx

San Marco Cà Vallaresso or San Zaccharia

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 05:27 AM
kelly

Harriette: I don't have your answer but I am interested in getting the same info. We are staying there in April and I can't tell from their website if you can get right to the hotel via water taxi or if you have to walk a bit. (I think the website says to walk through St. Mark's but I'm pretty sure I've read elsewhere that you can get right to the doors on the water).<BR><BR>Do you know much about the hotel? We have booked it through Italia Tours (Alitalia) so I haven't spoken directly to the hotel reservation desk. Do you know if all rooms have showers vs. baths or do you need to request? How about the rooms themselves - any old wing vs. new, quiet vs. noisy issues/recommendations? I have searched this forum and while people do recommend the hotel I haven't seen much about specific room selections/preferences.<BR><BR>Thanks!

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 06:01 AM
xxx

If not exactly to the hotel door, a water taxi can indeed get to very close (50m). If cvoming from the lagoon it'll probably pass under the bridge of Sighs, into Rio di San Zulian and drop you at the bridge.

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 07:53 AM
Wayne

Harriette---<BR>Indeed you should be able to get a water taxi to take you up the canal mentioned, taking a left fork and going a bit beyond the hotel location to let you off at the left end of the pedestrian bridge on Calle delle Bande. Then you walk to the left, take the first left which should be Calle dei Specchieri, and go another 30m or so to the hotel. Otherwise, if you go by vaporetto, the hotel is almost equidistant from the Rialto stop of the San Zaccaria stop. Hope this helps.

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 07:59 AM
Wayne

One further correction: the bridge is at Calle Balbi, not Bande. And when you go to the left on Calle Balbi, you will probably go past one small alley and then Calle Specchieri will actually be the second left to the hotel. Sorry, it's kinda difficult to keep track of the street names in Venice.

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 09:52 PM
Harriette

Thanks so much for the info--I couldn't get an email address for the hotel.<BR>Kelly you can download pictures of the rooms and other info from Expedia.com. Please email me after you return as you are going before me and I would like your impressions

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 09:59 PM
Harriette

to the top