NCL in Scandanavia - any comments?

Nov 11th, 2002, 05:37 PM
Linda

NCL in Scandanavia - any comments?

We've been looking into an NCL Scandanavian cruise for summer 2003 and really like the itinerary on one of the NCL ships. We've looked at other ships but we prefer the NCL itinerary. We have read a few bad reviews about NCL and are wondering if any of you have any experience with that line or can make recommendations for other cruises through Scandanavia and Russia.

Nov 11th, 2002, 05:42 PM
Mike

We have cruised several times and found Celebrity and Royal Caribbean to be the best. Second choice would be Princess.

If you are looking for "First Class," go Cerebrity or Royal Caribbean.

Nov 11th, 2002, 07:50 PM
Sandra

If you are REALLY looking for first class, go with Radisson Seven Seas Cruises. <www.rssc.com> We went on the Radisson Diamond to the Baltic, and it was wonderful. The food and the accommodations were fantastic, complimentary wine with dinner, no charge ever for soft drinks and bottled water, and NO tipping. Best of all, there were only 350 guests. Those big ships are a real mob scene. You have to stand in line for everything!

Nov 12th, 2002, 04:00 AM
Waverley

Linda, we are also looking at a Baltic cruise and the departure port and dates for NCL Dream worked out the best. But I have been looking at cruise reviews on cruise-critic.com as well as the cruise forum here and it does not look as though NCL is quite as good as other cruise lines. I would have loved to have gone on Celebrity but the dates do not work out for us. Now I am looking at HAL on the Oosterdam which is a brand new ship. In fact, it only debuts in June 2003. As I am traveling with teens I am trying to determine if that is a good choice. 12 - 14 days is a long time to be a on ship which is not so wonderful. Let me know what you decide of what other information you get.

Search this Thread