My friend and I will be spending 3-4 days on the island of Naxos this July. There's apparently so much to do I wish we had more time on the island! My main concern is transportation: what is the best way to see parts of the island if we don't want to stay in Chora/Naxos Town? We would prefer to stay somewhere like Kastraki, on the southwest coast of the island, but definitely want to spend a day or two hiking through the mountain villages.
Would ATVs/mopeds be enough? For those of you who have spent time in Naxos away from Naxos Town, in more secluded areas of the island, what worked best for you? While buses do connect the villages and I have used buses on Greek islands before, I think we may want to branch out and not be beholden to their schedules.
Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 week May trip with kids
- 2 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 3 hotel reservations in Switzerland in June?
- 4 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 5 Sleep at Heathrow
- 6 Rail vs. Plane
- 7 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 8 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 9 Paris November 2017
- 10 Self Drive UK tour
- 11 Where to See Flamenco
- 12 First time in Spain - family of 2 adults & one child(10 yr old)
- 13 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 14 Two week Europe itenirary help
- 15 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 16 Netherlands, Brussels and possibly Luxembourg
- 17 Airport Transfer
- 18 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 19 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 20 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 21 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 22 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 23 Arezzo - how much time?
- 24 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 25 Room in Boppard with a Rhine view