Reload this Page >

Natural Foods or Health Food store in London

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9th, 2002, 01:30 PM
Karen

My family will bein London in December. We have a son with severe allergies so we will be doing all our own cooking. Can anyone tell me where we might find a natural foods store in London? We are staying in Pimlico. Thanks.

Old Nov 9th, 2002, 03:03 PM
ddd

Karen,<BR><BR>Check this site out. I can't attest for any of the places but I've had this same question come up regarding a trip we've planned in January.<BR><BR>Overall I've found the UK to be very responsive to natural/vegetarian/vegan needs...including restaurants and groceries (even the mainstream groceries) so don't count them out.<BR><BR>Happy travelling.<BR><BR>www.planetveggie.co.uk/shops.htm

Old Nov 9th, 2002, 03:57 PM
Libby

The Tesco on Warwick Way carries a wide array of whole foods of which nothing seems exceptionally un-natural. Potatoes, celery, oranges, bananas, peas, milk, peanuts, shrimp, beef, chicken -- all kinds of good stuff suitable for preparing meals.

Old Nov 9th, 2002, 07:02 PM
Karen

Thank you both for your suggestions. I know there will be a Tesco's around the corner. We plan on doing a lot of shopping there. Baking staples are what I am looking for so the website you mentioned should help me. He has an allergy to corn (and it's byproducts) which is in everything from baking powder to ketchup so the usual store brands aren't &quot;legal&quot; for him. Also a health food store would possibly carry soda that didn't have cornsyrup in it. I don't feel like putting his usual supply in my suitcase. Thanks again.<BR><BR>

Old Nov 10th, 2002, 04:43 AM
David

Karen<BR><BR>the UK's largest health food retailer Holland and Barrett have stores all over London they carry a wide range of natural health products. They have two stores near where you will be staying: <BR> <BR>Pimlico<BR>10 Warwick Way<BR>Pimlico<BR>London<BR>SW1V 1QT<BR>0207 834 4796 <BR><BR>Victoria Place<BR>Unit 15, Victoria Shopping Centre<BR>Buckingham Palace Road<BR>London<BR>SW1W 9SA<BR>0207 828 5480 <BR><BR>

Old Nov 10th, 2002, 09:45 AM
Karen

Thanks David. That is exactly what I was looking for. I appreciate the help.