More fleshing out of an upcoming trip. In doing some digging it sounds like Narbonne would be a good place for an overnight or two - both for the town itself as well as the Cathar castles nearby. Any thoughts on Narbonne appreciated. I definitely want to visit the Roman ruins.
But how about Perpignan? I'm unlikely to have more than a day to spend here this time around. I probably would take the train from Barcelona to Perpignan and pick up a car for the France part of my vacation which right now is looking like a few nights in Narbonne and the rest in Marseille (with day trips). I am leaning towards leaving Perpignan for another time - or would a day trip be perfect for it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour
- 2 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 3 Shall we Gdansk?
- 4 Malaga Christmas lights
- 5 Help with Spain itinerary
- 6 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 7 Poland--where else to go
- 8 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 9 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 10 Planning a Poland itinerary
- 11 Yet another London Hotel Question
- 12 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 13 Scooter/quad/bike rental on Greek Islands
- 14 First time in Spain - family of 2 adults & one child(10 yr old)
- 15 Good base for visiting Le Marche region
- 16 South of France
- 17 5 days in Andalusia
- 18 Christmas in South of Spain 2018
- 19 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 20 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 21 Need Car & Driver for Southern Italy
- 22 Bilbao, Basque Country, declared Best European City 2018
- 23 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 24 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 25 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland