Reload this Page >

Naples:route by car from autostrada to ferry

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9th, 2002, 05:46 PM
Carol

I have to have a car, so i am stuck driving in Naples, at least to our hotel on Via Partenope at the water. what is the best driving route from the autostrada from Rome to the area of the boats? Which streets do I take, or is there a round-about way that will avoid the city traffic?

Old Jun 9th, 2002, 10:54 PM
Vincenzo

Carol,<BR>I could help you if you tell me which area of the boats you need to reach: Molo Beverello or Mergellina ?<BR>In other words, where have you to go by boat: hydrofoil for Ischia or ship for Palermo ?<BR>It's important because they are two different harbours and, so, two different suggestions for city itinerary.

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 08:08 PM
Carol

Vincenzo, always helpful; thanks.<BR>Actually I am going from the autostrada from Rome to the Hotel Excelsior on Partenope. I just said the ferries to Capri in case someone less familiar than you are with Naples read the question. So how do I drive to the Hotel Excelsior with the least traffic worries?

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 04:59 AM
topper

tp

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 08:19 AM
Vincenzo

Carol,<BR>it seems difficult but, really it is not.<BR>Well. You're coming from autostrada from Rome, OK: You DO NOT take for the big green banner "tangenziale" but you straight on. After two kilometres, more or less, on your right hand you see banner for NAPOLI CENTRO DIREZIONALE: NO, avoid it and go straight on. After other two kilomteres, more or less, on your right hand, NAPOLI Via Marina: OK. Beware it's important the right side and not the left side, otherwise you go toward Pompei, another autostrada.<BR>OK: Napoli Via Marina. Then, always, the harbour ( you can see it in its goods share ) is on your left hand: always. You are in Naples: always straight one and always harbour on your left hand.<BR>You arrive in Piazza Muncipio, you look at it because there is a castle "Maschio Angionio" and because harbour is now for people and not goods. Don't worry: straight on. Well: there is a tunnel and you have to run into it, not avoid: to take. Just after the dark tunnel, as you can, turn on the left and on the left. It means sea is now on your right hand and after several hundreds of metres, there is the beautiful EXCELSIOR HOTEL.<BR>Have a nice trip.