Continuing from my previous post, my sister and I (26 & 30 years) are having a little trouble with finding hotels on the two islands. Our budget is $200 or less per night. We want a good mix of town, walking around, nightlife, and beach time and like being close to restaurants during the nighttime.
For Mykonos, we want to stay in town, figuring we can take buses to the beaches. We found a good deal and booked Alkyon Hotel. Any thoughts on this hotel? We can cancel it, so we'll take suggestions on something better in our price range and preferred location.
For Santorini, we want to stay in Fira. Oia looks beautiful, but I think it will be too quiet/romantic for us two sisters! Ideally, we want the hotel to have a view of the Caldera and nice rooms. So far, we are considering: Astra Palace, Kastro Apartments, Aressana Spa, Majestic, and El Greco. Any insight on these, or others we should consider within our budget?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 2 Rent in Rome
- 3 Is the scenery in South Italy worth the trip by train
- 4 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 5 Traveling by car Munich to Soelden Austria
- 6 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 7 Paris November 2017
- 8 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 9 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 10 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 11 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 12 New Years in France
- 13 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 14 Help me with an affordable hotel in Barcelona
- 15 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 16 Rome - Naples - Paestum - Salerno - Ravello Trip Report
- 17 Hip Pocket Wifi
- 18 Amalfi as a home base for the Amalfi Coast
- 19 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 20 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 21 where to buy baby gifts in paris?
- 22 What is your favorite Greek Island?
- 23 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 24 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 25 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!