Mykonos Town & Santorini Fira Hotels

Mar 26th, 2013, 04:55 AM
Original Poster

Mykonos Town & Santorini Fira Hotels

Hi all,

Continuing from my previous post, my sister and I (26 & 30 years) are having a little trouble with finding hotels on the two islands. Our budget is $200 or less per night. We want a good mix of town, walking around, nightlife, and beach time and like being close to restaurants during the nighttime.

For Mykonos, we want to stay in town, figuring we can take buses to the beaches. We found a good deal and booked Alkyon Hotel. Any thoughts on this hotel? We can cancel it, so we'll take suggestions on something better in our price range and preferred location.

For Santorini, we want to stay in Fira. Oia looks beautiful, but I think it will be too quiet/romantic for us two sisters! Ideally, we want the hotel to have a view of the Caldera and nice rooms. So far, we are considering: Astra Palace, Kastro Apartments, Aressana Spa, Majestic, and El Greco. Any insight on these, or others we should consider within our budget?

Thanks all!
Mar 26th, 2013, 09:51 PM

Hello Suzy_Q
Ι recommend to you for myconos Hotel Semeli .Guests can use the Semeli Hotel gym facilities or relax with a Turkish steam bath, or a massage session at the Semeli Spa. A variety of facial and body treatments are available.

After a short walk, guests can reach the center of Mykonos town where many bars, cafes and restaurants can be found. The price are for standard room between $109/night to $160/night

Then Santorini.Nice view to caldera from these hotels i prefere Astra palace but i can say any more because santorini have this problem:Nice view is above the stairs and for me is very easy to step down but a nightmare to come back.
Mar 27th, 2013, 05:16 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Kostas987, I will look into the Semeli.

The Sanotrini hotel choice is proving to be harder. I have booked the Astro Palace, but it doesn't seem to have views of the Caldera, which we really wanted. It looks like the hotel is set far back from the cliffs.

Does anyone have any insight into the Majestic Hotel, Tzekos Villas Hotel, or Cori Rigas Suites in Fira?
Mar 27th, 2013, 05:49 AM
Original Poster

For Fira, we are also looking at the Atlantis and El Greco. Anyone?
Mar 27th, 2013, 02:24 PM

Have you checked Firostephani? It's just the north edge of Fira town, very easy walk to the nightlife, yet out of the hurly-burly, and right on the bus line to Oia, so you don't have to go into Fira town to catch the bus. Look at Hotel Sunset, Hotel Mylos, Blue Dolphins, Vallas Apartments, Villa Ilia, Hotel Sofia, (the latter 2 with pools), all are under your price of $200 per night, all have sunset views (tho perhaps not in all rooms, you would have to inquire). All have reviews on Trip Advisor to check.
Mar 27th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Original Poster

Hi travlerjan, we thought about staying there, but we were already getting overwhelmed with all the options, so we just decided to stick to Fira. Thank you for the suggestion though.

We ended up booking the Panorama Boutique Hotel in Fira. It seems very nice and has good views, according to the reviews. It shares a pool with it's sister property down below, which is fine. The best part is I was able to get a better rate than online by emailing the manager. It was a tiny bit more than what we wanted to spend, but I think it will be worth it!
Apr 10th, 2013, 04:25 PM

Majestic is great hotel and walkable to Fira
Apr 10th, 2013, 06:51 PM

Hi
I too would suggest you look at the hotels in Firostefani as it more affordable ,quieter and very close to Fira and a great walk along the cliff side at anytime.There are great places to eat as well .
Apr 22nd, 2013, 04:47 PM
Original Poster

Thanks guys for your tips. We are all set with hotels now!
Apr 22nd, 2013, 05:50 PM

Try the rochari hotel in Mykonos.