Mykonos hydrofoil/ferry to Naxos

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2009, 12:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been searching for the quickest connection between Mykonos and Naxos on 16 July without any success. Can anyone help?
Old May 2nd, 2009, 05:33 AM

FlyingCat 3 will be leaving Mykonos at 1000 and arriving on Naxos at 1045: http://www.ferries.gr/hfd/default.htm
Old May 2nd, 2009, 02:51 PM
Original Poster

When looking at this timetable the times are there for Mykonos-Naxos connection but no information in the prices section, just dashes. Does anyone know why?
Old May 3rd, 2009, 12:35 AM

The prices on the website are for FlyingCat 4, which has already started it's season. The FlyingCat 3 timetable doesn't begin until 19 June, and hasn't been loaded into the booking system yet. Prices should be similar to those of FlyingCat 4's Mykonos-Paros segment.

Hellenic Seaways is always slow to post it's timetables, and sometimes makes last minute changes. Another alternative for you is: SeaJet 2 from Mykonos to Paros, connecting with Blue Star to Naxos. SeaJet 2 leaves Mykonos at 1000, and Blue Star leaves Paros at 1210, arriving on Naxos at 1255. That's two hours longer, but a useful back-up in case the FlyingCat 3 timetable is changed.

Patience is the watchword when it comes to Greek ferries. You may have to wait until late May or early June before you can book FlyingCat 3. Just keep checking on http://www.hellenicseaways.gr/index.asp?a_id=209 or other websites, and book your tickets when you can. Don't worry in the meantime - there will probably be tickets available right up until the day of sailing.
Old May 3rd, 2009, 12:55 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the heads up Heimdall, we are leaving in early June and just wanted to iron out the smaller details. The best information comes from this Board, no doubt.
Old May 3rd, 2009, 02:32 AM
Original Poster

Just realised I made a mistake in my post, we need a connection for 16 June, not July. Checked out the Seajet 2 connection and the 1000 shows that there is no availability, so I would miss the Paros-Naxos connection. Should I be getting worried?
Old May 3rd, 2009, 04:16 AM

That does make a difference, since FlyingCat 3 won't be running yet. Don't panic, though - it may be that Sea Jets aren't taking bookings for 16 June yet, and that's why it's showing no availability.

Last June, about that time (it was about June 12th), I took SeaJet 2 from Mykonos to Paros, and the ship was nearly empty. That is typical for mid-June, with most ferries having more empty seats than occupied ones. Most of the SeaJet 2 passengers boarding at Rafina get off at Tinos and Mykonos, so when it leaves for Paros there are lots of empty seats. There won't be many people travelling from Mykonos to Paros in mid-June.

In short, don't worry! Keep checking the websites, and availability should soon come up. I can understand why you wish to pre-book your tickets, but I never do. I travel the Greek Islands every year in June (usually again in September), and have never once prebooked a ferry ticket.