Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   MY TRIP REPORT FOR EUROPE (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/my-trip-report-for-europe-205700/)

RED Nov 7th, 2001 12:09 PM

MY TRIP REPORT FOR EUROPE

Got on a plane flew for 7 hours landed in Paris went to hotel ate supper walked around went to bed went out next day ate pastry walked around saw some things pretty cool went back to bed then got up and went to Germany had wine then went to Italy had pasta then went to Spain had my bag stolen by a Gypsy that threw her baby at me bummer then went back to France and had more pastry then went over to England and saw Big Ben wow and then had a pint then went to Ireland and ate some taters then came home and had a great trip. Will do it in reverse order next year. Thanks.

Ana Nov 7th, 2001 12:24 PM

Sorry your bag got stolen in Spain. The rest seems like a fine trip.

Bill Nov 7th, 2001 02:52 PM

I think I remember seeing you in Paris. Were you wearing white sneakers?

wendy Nov 7th, 2001 03:14 PM

Haha! This post made me laugh out loud!! I actually know people who travel like this!!! Very funny!!

mjs Nov 7th, 2001 03:28 PM

Awesome! Where did you get the pastry?<BR>

Happy Nov 7th, 2001 03:32 PM

This is one of the best trip reports I have seen...no joke.

Joanne Nov 7th, 2001 03:45 PM

But how many sweaters did you pack, and did you have to check your suitcase?

Capo Nov 7th, 2001 03:58 PM

Hey Red, LOVED your trip report but, next time, could you try not to be so verbose? Thanks! <BR><BR>P.S. I wonder why the Gypsy threw her baby at your bummer?

elvira Nov 7th, 2001 04:08 PM

Did you buy a dancing Mickey?

Book Chick Nov 7th, 2001 04:15 PM

I'm amazed you could pack in so many activities in under a month. (How long were you gone, BTW?) But the wealth of detail you gave in your report made me feel like I was right there with you! Thanks for posting.<BR><BR>BC<BR><BR>P.S. Sorry your bag was stolen in Spain.

chris Nov 7th, 2001 05:09 PM

Did anyone pick your pocket? Did you give the waitress the right tip? Was the hotel room really really small? Can't wait for the next installment.

Holly Nov 7th, 2001 07:30 PM

You must be a tourist, not a traveler, if you went to Germany and didn't drink beer. (Or is it the other way around?)

JJ Nov 7th, 2001 07:33 PM

What did you do for washcloths after your luggage was stolen? Must have been a real bummer!<BR><BR>

oddny Nov 8th, 2001 02:35 AM

Do not forget Iceland on your next trip.<BR>We have a lot for you.

traveler Nov 8th, 2001 06:08 AM

Hello Rex---are you paying attention?<BR>Now this is a real trip report.

Joanne Nov 8th, 2001 07:40 AM

How did you miss out on Tuesday in Belgium?<BR><BR>j

dan woodlief Nov 8th, 2001 08:06 AM

Red, that was not only good, but it was the best darned report ever. You made me dream of going back. Heck, my wife probably would describe my travel method like your post, since I do try to see a lot. She does like pastries though so wouldn't mind that part. By the way, I think you should have flown into England instead of doing the huge circle thing. Keep that in mind next time.

dan woodlief Nov 8th, 2001 08:07 AM

Red, that was not only good, but it was the best darned report ever. You made me dream of going back. Heck, my wife probably would describe my travel method like your post, since I do try to see a lot. She does like pastries though so wouldn't mind that part. By the way, I think you should have flown into England instead of doing the huge circle thing. Keep that in mind next time. What I really want to know though is did you take any pictures and are they all blurred?