Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

My post won't come up on a search. What'd I do wrong?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 02:23 PM
BillJ

I recently posted a report on Prague, but when I search Prague, it does not come up. Any ideas what I did wrong? I/m just curious. Thanks.

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 02:29 PM
Andre

BillJ,<BR><BR>Unfortunately, the indexing feature hasn't worked for the last few days, so your post isn't included in the search database yet - you need to scroll, scroll, scroll...<BR><BR>Andre

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 07:00 PM
Rex

Did you "mark" Czech Republic in the country box when you posted it? I have to think that you did not, because that "marker" is instantly "indexed" and is searchable right away.<BR><BR>The search/indexing problems are old issues that I have nearly worn out in the past - - but in Fodors defense, this is ONE feature that DOES work.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 07:04 PM
Rex

I see now that you did find it (it was just "ten below" this one when I responded to it a few minutes ago).<BR><BR>Once you have found it, the URL is one of the best ways to reference it to someone else (I don't know who "Doug" is)<BR><BR>so, here you go:<BR><BR>http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessages.jsp?fid=2&tid=1392981<BR><BR>

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 07:16 PM
BillJ

Thanks, Rex. I could have omitted that country thing. Doug is a traveling acquaintance of mine, just getting to know this board. I had told him I posted, but he couldn't find it. So now I'll be more careful. Thanks again.

Old Jul 26th, 2002, 05:23 PM
Rex

You're welcome Bill. I never think that it is the "fault" of newer visitors to this forum - - so much as it is the fault of Fodors for not having better help/training info on how to best use it.<BR>