What better place to relive my Swiss moments than here? Yes, it's been over two years since I was in Switzerland, but now is a good time to recapture my most memorable moments! So, here they are:
1. Waking up before sunrise and seeing the Matterhorn in all of its splendid glory (not an exaggeration).
2. Cable car ride in Zermatt with colorful sun flowers blooming down below, and cows closing in on our cable car.
3. The "powder blue" alpine water streams all over the place.
4. The stark contrast between the dark green forest, pristine blue skies, and snow capped mountain.
5. Horse and buggy ride through the lush forest and hearing faint cow bells (music to my ears) off in the distance.
6. Engaging with a local Swiss man who wanted to practice his English (which was a heck of a lot better than my German).
7. Peering through the windows of the little chocolate shops, and eventually succumbing to buying and devouring chocolates.
8. Looking out my window in St. Moritz and watching black and white goats parade through the streets.
9. Seeing an 80 year old gentleman hang glide off a Swiss mountain.
10. Snow tubing in the middle of summer, then drinking Swiss hot chocolate afterwards.
11. Being pulled on stage to yodel (cheesy, yet memorable).
12. Walking through the mountain with the mighty Truemmelbach Waterfalls thundering next to me.
13. Dining with friends and sampling each other's fondue.
14. Experiencing a mountain train.
15. Did I mention the chocolate? Oh yeah-there's the chocolate.
Ah...yes. A wonderful trip indeed. Up next, France. I can't wait to see what delights she will bring.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 CANON PRINTER 1888 : 279 : O246 installations CONTACT CANON Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Three Island Greek Itinerary
- 3 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 4 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 5 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 6 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 7 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 8 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 9 Malaga Christmas lights
- 10 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 11 tinnitus
- 12 Tips for first trip to UK
- 13 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 14 What To Do in Athens on a Sunday
- 15 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 16 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 17 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 18 London vacation rental agency
- 19 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 20 Scotland ideas
- 21 land vs river cruise
- 22 The World's Greatest Churches
- 23 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 24 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 25 Trans Siberian Train