Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

My head is spinning. Need urgent help choosing a hotel in London!

Aug 20th, 2003, 06:04 AM
Tia
Original Poster

PLEASE help me choose a hotel in London. I'd like to remain on a budget of $125 or less per night. A 5 star hotel would be great, but realistically I'm probably looking at a 3 or less. Please give me some direction to go. I've done all the searching, but want real info now...places people have stayed that were nice and in good areas close to the Tube or for sight seeing.

Tia
Aug 20th, 2003, 06:41 AM

Easily doable for London. Have used PL successfully 4 times for hotels. You may be able to get a 5* for 100-115nt. As listed earlier this morning, go to bidding for travel.com and learn about free rebids. The best way to go for discounted London. One other site worth mentioning is londonnights.com which has The Cranley (very decent 4*) at 100 pounds/night
Aug 20th, 2003, 06:44 AM

Hi Tia:

I'm guessing you may have "lost" the thread you started yesterday about hotels in London. You received some good replies to your query. I've "topped" it for you so you should be able to see it in the left hand column.

I know that sometimes it's confusing because threads get "pushed down" by newer threads and it's hard to find them again. But, just so you know, if you can't find a thread you previously posted, you can just click on your own name (underlined, and in blue) in the upper left hand corner of the screen where it says, "Welcome" and all your threads will come up in the left hand column.

Hope you get the info you need and that you have a wonderful trip!

Jennie
Aug 20th, 2003, 09:50 AM

There is a chain called Thistle and they have hotels all over London. They vary from 3 to 4 stars and can be quite reasonable.
Aug 20th, 2003, 09:58 AM

http://fodors.com/forums/threadselec...2&tid=34440636

Here is your other thread (more useful than "topping" because it remains here.)

To find your old posts: Log into this site. Now click on your username near the upper left corner. All threads on which you've posted will appear as a list along the left side of the page. If you're still seeking more information on a question, open that thread and post any sort of reply to it. That will send it "to the top" (TTT) of this forum.
Aug 20th, 2003, 10:05 AM
ElizabethBrown

I was in the same predicament just yesterday. After reading about other's success using Priceline.com I was tempted. Check out www.biddingfortravel.com. It is a great guide for bidding on rooms. I got a room in Central London on the Thames near Big Ben and Parliament for $90 a night. It is a 4 Star hotel. It is the London Mariott County Hall. Needless to say...I am quite pleased.

This was all possible because of Priceline.com. I got it for $90...but it may be possible for $80 or less! Give it a shot. That can make your hotel search a hint easier!

Let us know what you found!

Aug 20th, 2003, 04:36 PM

It is good to see someone have success on Priceline. However, my problem is that there is three of us, and Priceline doesn't allow you to go beyond a double. Any suggestions?
Aug 20th, 2003, 08:06 PM
dga

Tia

Try LondonTown.com and scroll down until you find a rate you can afford.
You may find a hotel that has a 'special'.
I made a reservation in June at Thistle London Ryan for October for 52 pounds/night ,tax included.
I haven'tried Priceline but was apprehensive about being locked in.
Aug 20th, 2003, 10:05 PM

For three people, consider Comfort Inn Vauxhall.
http://www.comfortinnvx.uk
I got it cheaper on Priceline for two, but the conventional rates for three are within your budget with the deal they are currently offering and you also get breakfast.
Aug 20th, 2003, 10:06 PM

I forgot to add - this hotel is three years old and the rooms are pleasant with sparkling bathrooms. The neighborhood is not stylish, but there are good, inexpensive Portuguese restaurants nearby. It is about 4 blocks from the tube, and two buses stop right by the hotel. The #2 goes to Victoria Station, and the #88 goes to Trafalgar Square and Westminster Abbey.
Aug 21st, 2003, 11:44 AM

I replied to your previous message on which airline to use by mistake.....as far as hotels, I recently booked the Thistle Lancaster Gate through LondonTown.com for 64 pounds/night (around $105.00 U.S.) - it is a 4 star hotel. We are going in November. The LondonTown site has lots of useful info.