Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   My free gift for registration. (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/my-free-gift-for-registration-285513/)

Patrick Feb 6th, 2003 10:03 AM

My free gift for registration.

Just got my mail and found my registration gift. Not the free week for two to Paris I was hoping for, but a fun idea.

Elizabeth_S Feb 6th, 2003 10:10 AM

Gift???? I'll register again ;)

Grasshopper Feb 6th, 2003 10:15 AM

So Patrick, not even a hint?<BR><BR>You used to post your email address but they are gone now. I have some non-Europe questions I'd like to ask. Would you mind emailing me? ([email protected])

elberko Feb 6th, 2003 10:28 AM

Those of you who remember the Fodors pin from a couple of years ago, that's the free gift, but this time in an envelope with bubble-wrap.

Patrick Feb 6th, 2003 10:31 AM

No, no hints. I don't want to spoil the &quot;surprise&quot; for the others.<BR> <BR>To Elizabeth: it was an offer of a free gift to the first 300 (I think that was the number) to register.<BR><BR>Grasshopper: I have always enjoyed the personal emails I have received and thought about still adding my email address -- and no I have never received &quot;nasties&quot; or spam as a result. However, since registration one of the obnoxious creeps on the US board didn't like the idea that I called him on his exaggeration that the new board was nothing but Hawaii and Key West posts (actually 5 of the first 50 were) so he posted a message for anyone with any problems to contact me and listed my email address.<BR><BR>I will email you with mine. But for others, it is [email protected]

Patrick Feb 6th, 2003 10:32 AM

Hey, elberko, that's not the gift I got!!!

elberko Feb 6th, 2003 10:35 AM

That's interesting Patrick.<BR><BR>I already HAD a pin, so I was kinda disapointed. Since they vary, you might as well tell us.

starspinners Feb 6th, 2003 10:52 AM

My prezzie for being one of the first 300 to register arrived today, too..... and it wasn't a Fodors pin. :-)

Patrick Feb 6th, 2003 10:55 AM

OK, it's a little plastic case of four sheets of tiny tear apart magnets with words on them -- for spelling out things on the refrigerator. Contains words like lots of world cities, &quot;quaint&quot;, &quot;enjoy&quot;, &quot;watering-hole&quot;, &quot;5star&quot;, &quot;enjoying&quot;, &quot;travel&quot;, and &quot;went&quot;. But there are very few verbs to make true sentences.

Julie Feb 6th, 2003 10:56 AM

I received my free gift last week. It wasn't the Fodors pin (already had one of those), but I'm not quite sure what I'm supposed to do with it. I won't describe it and spoil the surprise for anyone else who's still waiting. It sounds like the gifts are not all the same though.

elberko Feb 6th, 2003 11:04 AM

My pin is sounding better. At least I know what to do with it!

uhoh_busted Feb 6th, 2003 11:06 AM

Cool! Something to look forward to when I get home to the mail!

MyriamC Feb 6th, 2003 12:14 PM

May take a while before my gift arrives in Belgium ...

Marilyn Feb 6th, 2003 12:35 PM

Hey Patrick, I think you're supposed to make spontaneous poetry with the magnet set. It's great at parties when people are hanging out in the kitchen (you know how they do that?). The next morning you will find some new compositions. Anyway, I do think that's a fun idea for a gift, more so than a pin or cap or T-shirt. Too bad I wasn't one of the 1st 300. :-(

Ursula Feb 7th, 2003 01:37 AM

<BR>Kavey, topping this for you! ;o)<BR><BR>By the way, I wasn't among the first 300. Never mind, because I don't even remember, where my pin has gone. Must be lost somewhere in a drawer.

Kavey Feb 7th, 2003 02:27 AM

I still have my pin but it digs in so much I don't wear it. I don't tend to wear pins on coat lapels etc.<BR><BR>I wonder what I will get...<BR><BR>Thanks Ursula!!