My First Trip To PARIS Report!

Old Aug 3rd, 2003, 10:18 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My First Trip To PARIS Report!

My First Trip to Paris Report!

First of all I would like to thank all of you on the Fodors board for making my dream dream trip to Paris come true. So many great suggestions! I have always drempt of the day I would climb the Eiffel Tower, walk along the Seine, view the masterpieces of the Louvre, picnic at Luxembourg Gardens, and shop for the latest fashions at Le Bon Marche!

My boyfriend Bradley and I decided we needed a vacation from our hectic lives. He is a fashion consultant at the very swank Shoe Pavillion and I work as an assistant to the assistant designer at the Harry Potter costume outlet store. We flew from San Francisco to Paris on Air France. The flight attendants were so cute and very French We were a bit worried that our coach seats would be too small (we are both 6 foot 2, Scorpios, muscular, tan, like long walks on the beach and naturally blonde) but found the seats cozy. Really great for snuggling during turbulance. Along our long and bumpy flight we each had three Grey Goose and Cokes followed by three or four or six or ten tom collins (we always carry our own organic mix) to take the edge off. For fear of blood clots I got up to do some yoga poses. A small group of ladies from the bay area AARP tour group gathered around and joined in the fun for a few hours (so glad I brought my leg warmers!) until the fabulous dinner of brown meat and round tan squishy things were served.

Day One: Upon landing at CDG we were greeted by Jean Luc our super stretch limo driver . He was quite handsome and smelled so good. Bradley asked him what fragrance he was wearing and replied jus de poissons. Oohh - sounded exotic. Thought we might be able to find it at Printemps later on in our journey. We were pleasantly suprised that Jean Luc had laid out an array of Tasters? Choice International Coffees to perk us up after our long hot, sweaty flight. My favorite is mocha java cinnamon cherry watermelon twist. Really did the trick!

We stayed at the four star Hotel Saucisse Chaude in the 6th. Quite lovely and oh so swank - parfait!! We decided to rest our weary bones for a bit before a hot night on the town. We gave each other facials and called the front desk for some fresh cucumber slices to reduce the puffiness around our eyes. Later that evening we went to Club Pantalon Moite on Rue de Tournevis and danced all night. Woo Hoo!! I must of had one too many of their famous drinks Crevette de Carotte Martinis because I lost my favourite rainbow boa in all the craziness! Went back to the hotel and slept a bit.....

Day Two - Don?t really remember day 2
Day Three - Same
Day Four- Okay Brad and I finally woke up and decided to take a bit of a walk. Too hot! Major heat wave happening. Not too good for the skin. Slept another 48 hours before Jean Luc picked us up and we departed romantic Paris. Oh, the memories!!!
Old Aug 3rd, 2003, 10:26 PM

Maybe it's the Euro heatwave we're going through that's making us cranky, but we're beginning to find these fake trip reports tiresome. The first couple of times they were cute, but now they're getting stale. If you're posting a joke trip report, please put some kind of disclaimer in the title. And don't post the same thing twice!!!
Old Aug 3rd, 2003, 10:36 PM
Original Poster

So sorry mr. cranky pants but everyone is sooo serious here. Really did go to Paris and it was very hot. Had a wonderful time and found this website very helpful (thanks so much) Didn't mean to post twice - I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Happy travels!
Old Aug 3rd, 2003, 10:40 PM

If you really went to Paris, then why not post a REAL trip report with REAL information? How helpful would Fodors have been for you if everyone was posting bogus trip reports full of stale jokes? This is a travel website after all. As we said, the first few (or more) times these corny fake reports were sort of cute, but it's getting to be too much of a (not particularly) good thing...
BTilke (Brussels)
Old Aug 3rd, 2003, 11:05 PM
Original Poster

I shall never post again.

Au revoir
Old Aug 3rd, 2003, 11:25 PM
AR

I'm still trying to work out what "drempt" is????
Old Aug 4th, 2003, 04:57 AM
ira

Dear Friday,

While you were in Paris did you run into an American named Degas?
Old Aug 4th, 2003, 05:49 AM

This post does have that familiar ring...
Old Aug 4th, 2003, 05:55 AM

Friday

Do not be unduly discouraged. Humour is one of the least appreciated writing forms. Comedies rarely win Academy Awards.

Humour is also the hardest form to write successfully. I your reader must recognize the style or people being parodied as being something I've come across in real life. Unless you can tap into an experience of yours that matches mine, I won't 'get it' no matter how hard you try. (Degas' "Special Paris Report" worked for me; the other pieces went over my head.) So, have a heart: remember that I am slow of study, I must be patiently shown the path. To get me wearing the lampshade at your party, so to speak, I must be served one drink at a time. "Three Gray Goose and Cokes...[and] ten Tom Collins" will just see me passed out on the carpet.
Old Aug 4th, 2003, 06:40 AM

I am also getting a bit tired of the fake trip reports of late. But perhaps if they were just ignored, they would drop down the queue and be forgotten. And the poster would not have the thrill...
Old Aug 4th, 2003, 07:07 AM
Degas

I had NOTHING to do with this one. Its just not written in my style nor does it have my particular word choice.

You can decide for yourself if this writer/story is good or bad.

My humor stories all went out last week and I've been in stand-by mode, not wanting to flood a very limited market.

A good thing can be ruined by overuse. The paris trip report theme has been beat to death.

Old Aug 4th, 2003, 07:17 AM

It's too bad, because I would have been interested in a *real* trip report by Friday. What hotel did they stay at? Did it have A/C? If not, was it bearable? What were their favorite sights, the ones they found worth slogging through the heat for? How did they find the food, especially with the lactose intolerance problem? (her pre-trip serious post). Did the reality of Paris meet their expectations?
I like reading first time trip reports as much as those from experienced posters.
Old Aug 4th, 2003, 07:28 AM
ira

Degas wrote

>I had NOTHING to do with this one. Its just not written in my style nor does it have my particular word choice.<

I knew that. You would never have written "drempt", or put cucumber on your eyes.
Old Aug 4th, 2003, 07:54 AM

HELP!!! Can't we have BOTH styles of reports?? Maybe they could have some identifying clue in the headings?? Some days it's a great relief to read something absurd...and other times...UGH! But I'd still like the choice!
FRIDAY, thanks for the effort! Sometimes the comments posted on chats are like road rage.. a form of "identity protection plan".
God help me as I push the "post my reply button".