I’m a solo, active, off-the-beaten-path, first time Europe traveler looking to experience the nature and culture of Europe!
My work is sending me to Elspeet, Netherlands to run a retreat for a week September 6-11th. From Elspeet my current plan is to head to Amsterdam for two days, take the train to Paris for two days and fly from Paris to end in Nice for 2 1/2 days before flying out at 6 am Saturday morning September 19th back to Minnesota.
Also I am a jewelry designer and I am hoping to find some vintage/old jewelry and beads at markets my new designs. This is the priority of my trip! Anything like this in the Netherlands? Paris? Nice? In between? What's your advice?? Where should I go for local markets and antiques? Are there any good bead stores, shops craft places in these locations? Are here better countries for this?
I am planning on flying out of Nice because I want to enjoy at least one day doing mostly nothing but relaxing and designing on the beach and Nice seems to be the closest to Paris. Thoughts?
Any thing helps!! Thank you for your time!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 days in europe
- 2 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 3 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 4 Tips for first trip to UK
- 5 land vs river cruise
- 6 Portugal
- 7 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 8 Where to stay in Naples?
- 9 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 10 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 11 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 12 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 13 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 14 Browsing Barcelona
- 15 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 16 Malaga Christmas lights
- 17 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 18 Croatia in mid/late October
- 19 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 20 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 21 Help with Venice Trip?
- 22 Dubrovnik
- 23 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 24 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 25 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!