My husband and I are in our 60's and going on our first trip to Italy. My first question would be about our flight. We are going from Tucson, AZ to Philadelphia. I have restless leg syndrome and I'm very concerned about the long flight. I'm wondering if we should fly to Philadelphia and spend the night and fly out the next day so it's not such a long flight or if we should upgrade to a premium seat, which is to my understanding, only a little bigger. We have chosen to stay in 4-star hotels and would love to hear of anyone's favorites in the areas we are going to. Also any fabulous restaurants on our journey.
We are going for 16 days starting with 2 nights 3 days in Venice. From there we are going to Florence. I'm not sure we want to stay in Florence but close enough to take day trips into Florence. If we did that, what town would you suggest we stay in that is easy to do other day trips from, plus we would love an area with great Mom and Pop restaurants in a quaint town? We will be in that area for five or six days and want to go to Cinque Terra for an overnight stay. We will probably keep our hotel and just pack a bag for CT. Is that feasible and if so, what else should we see?
From there we are going to Rome for four days and then on to Sorrento to relax before coming home. I know I want to see way too much but I'm not sure if I will ever get back. It is all those places around Florence that are stressing me out. Which ones are a must see and which ones are similar, that if we do one, no need to see another in our short time.
I know I'm asking a lot of questions but any part you would like to answer would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your input.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://healthonlinereviews.com/natural-life-garcinia-cambogia/
- 2 Driving
- 3 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 4 Malaga Christmas lights
- 5 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 6 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 7 My France Vacation
- 8 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 9 Car hire from Venice to Croatia and bosnia
- 10 Where to stay in Naples?
- 11 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 12 Provence and Cote de Azure
- 13 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 14 Andalusia schedule /Cordoba question
- 15 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 16 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 17 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 18 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 19 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 20 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 21 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 22 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 23 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 24 CACHOPO, CABRALES & CARBAYONES Asturias..and "The Best Steak in The World"
- 25 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris