Mar 3rd, 2016, 01:06 AM
Original Poster

My 7 day Switzerland Itenary

I'll be travelling to Switzerland from Austria end of April Below is my itenary

Luzern (going to either Mt Pilatus or Titlis and visit Lake Luzern) -2 night
Grindelwald (going to Jungfraujoch )- 2 nights
Zermatt (to see the Matterhorn)-1 night
then finally go to Zurich - 1 night before flying back home from Zurich

I'm not sure if i should stay in Grindelwald or Interlaken since it's low season now and many restaurants and hotels will be closed in those mountain villages and was advised to stay in Interlaken town as more hotels and restaurants are open.

Is Mt Pilatus or Titlis a better option due to my limited amount of time i can only visit one.

This is my first time traveling to Switzerland, Kindly advise
Mar 3rd, 2016, 03:16 AM

I'd probably scratch Zermatt and add a night to the Berner Oberland. The Matterhorn is often obscured by clouds even on an otherwise nice day. It would be a wasted day if that's the case. There is more to see and do in the Berner Oberland than in Zermatt when the weather is sub-par.

If you want to go to the Jungfraujoch, then stay in Grindelwald or Wengen because it will save you 45 minutes if you had been coming from Interlaken. Even on nice days the J clouds up by early afternoon so you should start the trip up as early as possible.

Also look into the Swiss Travel Pass or Half-Fare card as they can save you lots of money on all the trains, cable cars, etc.
Mar 3rd, 2016, 04:15 AM

Agree - you are assuming the mountains are available every day and that is completely false. There can be 2 or 3 days of socked in in clouds and you may have to wait a couple of days to ascend. You need to check the weather at the summit each am and if clear get up there quickly before clouds can come to block the views.
Mar 3rd, 2016, 06:57 PM
Original Poster

Another question guys

Looking at my itenary is it more advisable to get the Swiss Travel Pass or the Regional Bernese Oberland Pass??

Search this Thread