My 3 Days In Rome Report

Old Jul 13th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 3 Days In Rome Report

Hello everyone,

This is my first post on Fodor, but I have been lurking around long enough. I and another family member just recently went on a 3 week trip in Europe. We visited Rome, Florence, Venice and Paris, which was the trip of our lifetime. I was such a dork that before I went, I researched so much about everything on everywhere that my eyes almost bled, haha. But the efforts really paid off. I really have fodors, trip advisor, google and all the travelers who have taken time to write a review to thank for. Since coming back, I have started (though slowly) reviewing every city, restaurant and place that I went to so as to help fellow travelers. I have also started writing in details about my trip to each city, which is surprisingly enjoyable. Rome came first, obviously since it was our first destination. Here is the link:

http://theconfuseddasher.com/2013/07...ong-so-well-2/

I hope with some pictures, videos and very lengthy text (haha), it will be marginally helpful to future travelers. Rome truly is a magical place.
Enjoy!
Old Jul 13th, 2013, 09:00 AM

Hi confused,we just got back from Italy as well,Rome included. I thoroughly enjoy reading your blog. you should become a photojournalist for some fashion magazine . you are quite a storyteller.
I love how you're so passionate about your fashion! fashionista! I enjoyed Rome but I prefer the countryside we visited in Tuscany and Venice .I am looking forward to the rest of your report.
Old Jul 13th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Original Poster

Hi indogirl1,
Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate it. Yes, I'd say that I really enjoy writing about them
When I was in Florence, I spent a day exploring Tuscany (a few cities outside Florence) and Cinque Terre (Mediterranean sea), both of which were beyond gorgeous. Venice was beautiful as well too. Will try to share what I learned soon. If you write yours anywhere, I really like to have a look. Trying to relive Europe as much as possible, haha.
Old Jul 13th, 2013, 09:41 AM

I agree with you about Rome - I really enjoyed your pictures.
Old Jul 13th, 2013, 12:02 PM

Nice blog, confused, and lovely photos.

Welcome to the Rome addiction community.
Old Jul 13th, 2013, 02:07 PM

About half the pictures don't load for me. When I right click on them to load, it says image can't be displayed because it contains errors.
Old Jul 13th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Original Poster

Thanks PhillyFan and Jean I'm glad you liked my photos.
Kybourbon: I just double-checked and it looks like everything is normal. Can you see the photos now? Has anyone got the same photo errors?
Old Jul 13th, 2013, 05:40 PM

What a glorious ramble through Rome this is!
You might be dashing, and you clearly are that from your fashionista garb, and you're certainly curious enough to find the nooks & crannies, but I doubt if you're confused!

I've loved every second of your blog. It's a gem, although I could be biased as we're very similar tourists in many ways. I'd rather walk for an hour to find that special bistro someone tipped me about, or that I've read a great review on, than have "fodder food". And I often do walk an hour, even if the bistro is 5 minutes away, as I'm pretty good at getting lost, distracted by laneways, half open doors and a shoe shop!

You may be a "kid from the 3rd world", but you've made a lot more of your opportunities, talents & gifts than many of us who had so much handed to us on a platter in the 1st world! Well done, you!

Those arching up to say they didn't have it easy ... If you had safe running water, healthy food, a home to live in & could have an education .. We did have it very easy compared to a whole lot of kids around the world.

Thanks again for a great read and a reminder of one of my favourite cities, and countries.
Old Jul 13th, 2013, 06:11 PM
Original Poster

@Bokhara2: wow, thanks so much for the compliment. It's super kind of you. I traveled to a couple of countries before, but I was really lazy that I never sat down and wrote about what I experienced. This time, it was a long trip. Throughout the trip, I realized how much all the reviews, comments and posts of fellow travelers helped us have the best possible time. It was like an awakening (lol), and I've promised myself that I would do my part from now on. I'm quite happy if it helps anyone with their preparation.
Old Jul 13th, 2013, 07:30 PM

Giolitti's...yum...loved the whipped cream on top!!!
Old Jul 13th, 2013, 08:24 PM

We used Rental in Rome for our stay -they were terrific - good to deal with and apartment was terrific.
They also have a Florence division - plenty of pics of available apartments:

http://www.rentalinflorence.com/
Old Jul 13th, 2013, 08:24 PM

Sorry - posted to wrong thread!
Old Jul 13th, 2013, 08:52 PM

confused dasher - loving your report and photos - you tell a great story and have a wonderful eye!
Old Jul 13th, 2013, 09:14 PM

More are loading now than earlier, but not all. Still quite a few not loading.
Old Jul 14th, 2013, 04:06 AM

Yeah only about half the photos loaded for me too but I am pretty sure it's my internet haha. What a wondeful and insightful blog. I am heading to Italy in September and have picked up some great tips from you. Can't wait to read the rest
Old Jul 14th, 2013, 04:28 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for the feedback
Speaking of the photo bug, I have edited the post and re-uploaded all the pictures. I asked a friend of mine to check the photos from a different computer, and he said it's fine. Maybe loading a bit slow (I really need to work on my words. I'm just as wordy online as I'm in real life, lol j/k). If the problem still persists, let me know (though I'm not sure what to do then )
Old Jul 14th, 2013, 12:50 PM

Enjoying reading your blog. The pictures are very good. You have a good eye for the composition. Rome definitely lends itself to creative shots. Looking forward to more, Paris especially.
Old Jul 14th, 2013, 07:34 PM
Original Poster

Thank you opaldog. Before Paris, there will be Florence and Venice, both of which were beyond amazing. But of all the places, I love Paris most and want to migrate there asap haha. So, I'll do my best.
Old Jul 14th, 2013, 09:51 PM

Looking forward to your take on Paris as well, my favorite city in this planet. With your enthusiasm for Rome, I can't imagine what your reaction was when you see the Eiffel Tower for the first time. Or upon your arrival in Venice,it's unique and magical ,isn't it?
Old Jul 14th, 2013, 09:56 PM

I love Rome too, thank you for sharing your blog.

Nice hat!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell My Personal Information