Must see day trip from Carvoeiro

May 4th, 2008, 08:09 AM
Original Poster

Must see day trip from Carvoeiro

Will be in Carvoeiro for a week and would like some recs. on day trips, best beaches, and activities.
May 4th, 2008, 11:46 AM

many places can be reached by public bus from carvoeiro. one side albufeira, the other partimao, lagos and even sitges or in the hinterland lagoa.
May 6th, 2008, 04:19 PM

Hi,
You didn't say if you would have a car, but I would recommend a couple of places. In my opinion, the beach at Praia da Rocha is one of the prettiest beaches to walk on in Portugal. Lots of spectacular rock formations.

Lagos is interesting, nice fortress and lots of history involving the slave trade. Nice pedestrian maze of streets.

Tavira, on the eastern Algarve, is my favorite Algarve town. River leading into the sea with the town on both sides, very pretty.

If you want to leave the coast, I thought the Roman ruins at Estoi were very nice. And I liked walking around the town a lot, too.

I think the Henry the Navigator school in Sagres was a bit overrated, but the views are beautiful. And I've had some great meals in the town of Sagres.

I've only been there in December and March, and I don't know when you are planning to go, but I assume these places are all mobbed in high summer.

Enjoy!
May 7th, 2008, 05:43 AM
Original Poster

THANKS FOR THE INFO. WITH OUR RELAX TIME AT THE BEACH, YOUR COMMENTS WILL CERTAINLY FILL THE REST OF OUR WEEK.

Search this Thread