Reload this Page >

Music in London and Edinburgh

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 28th, 2000, 03:59 PM
BradW

Leaving for Great Britain in a couple weeks. Can anyone recommend some good places to listen to some punk music? I'm a musician who plays many kinds of music, but would like to hear some punk while I'm away. Any names of clubs would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old May 28th, 2000, 04:33 PM
Julian

I suggest that you visit http://www.timeout.com and buy a copy of the magazine when you get here.

Old Jun 7th, 2000, 02:14 PM
Sheila

Ditto for Edinburgh but the mag is called The List

Old Jun 8th, 2000, 01:28 AM
david west

the best place to start would be the Intrepid Fox pub in Wardour St, Soho. This is a pub that caters to a punk/hardcore crowd and bands publicise their gigs there. You might also want to try a couple of places in Camden Town (home of London's independent music scene) in Particular, you might enjoy: The Good Mixer in Arlington Rd, The Dublin CAstle in Parkway and the Devonshire Arms (more goth than p[unk, but a mixed crowd). Also the Water RAts in Grays Inn Rd. Talk to the people there and they'll put you onto whatever's going on. feel free to contact if you want more details. <BR> <BR>Outside of london things are a bit more patchy, look for local listings magazines.

Old Jun 8th, 2000, 07:16 AM
Tony Hughes

CITRUS club in Grindlay Street, Edinburgh on a Friday night.