Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   museum pass for florence (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/museum-pass-for-florence-511808/)

peach Mar 12th, 2005 12:41 PM

museum pass for florence

Is there a museum pass to use in Florence and where do you buy it. Also one for Rome?

Matrexx Mar 12th, 2005 01:16 PM

As far as I know, no museum pass exists for Florence or Rome. For the larger museums (Uffizzi, Academia, Villa Borghese, Domus Aurea etc) it is recommended that you buy your tickets in advance. This can be done before you leave home. It gives you a set entrance time and allows you to skip the long lineups outside the museum.

ira Mar 12th, 2005 02:39 PM

Hi Peach,

Uffizi and Academia Museum Reservations
The easiest and cheapest way is to call Florence 011 (U.S. international access code) 39 (Italy's country code) then 055-294-883 8:30-18:30 M-F and 8:30-12:00 Sat. Florence time. You will get an English speaking operator and in 2-3 minutes YOU CAN RESERVE FOR BOTH. This is through the reservation service at the Uffizi and costs beyond the normal entry fee only about 1.60 euro for the service. This is MUCH cheaper than the commercial booking services.
You will not be charged for the reservations unless you use them.

A very good, and reasonably priced, restaurant in Florence is:

Il Ritrovo
Via de’ Pucci 4/A 055.281688
Best food for the price Has fish. Full dinner w/wine abt 40E pp Closed Monday
From Pzza San Giovani (NW corner of the Pza del Duomo) walk one blk East to Via dei Martelli. Go left to Via dei Pucci. Turn Right. Look very carefully on left. No sign. Door could be locked. Ring bell.

((I))

111op Aug 3rd, 2005 06:12 AM

ttt

I've been reading Michelin Tuscany, which mentions that there's some sort of "season's ticket." I see this under the entry to Brancacci Chapel. I don't quite understand it though. The admission to the Chapel is listed as 3 euros. Then it says 5 euros for the season's pass, which offers half price to other museums.

Has anyone heard of this before?

Thanks.

Eloise Aug 3rd, 2005 06:32 AM

111op: Frankly, no. And I've just gone to all the official Web sites for the museums in Florence.

It might be something that the Brancacci Chapel offers to students and scholars who will revisit the Chapel frequently for their studies or research.

No harm in asking about it at the Brancacci Chapel.

111op Aug 3rd, 2005 06:36 AM

Thanks. This was also brought up under the entry for a different museum/attraction, but I forget which.

I'll try to remember to post here when I come across it again.

111op Aug 18th, 2005 10:05 AM

I called to reserve spots for Accademia in Florence and Brancacci Chapel today. I reserved my slot for Uffizi a few weeks ago.

While the Time Out Florence guide says that there's some sort of 3-day pass for 10.50 euros (?), when I asked the Accademia reservation person she didn't know about it.

The person who took my Brancacci Chapel reservation also didn't seem to think that there's any special sort of concession (though this is noted in Michelin). But she couldn't quite understand what I was saying, so I don't know if my message got across.

So I guess I'll just buy all my tickets separately.

What about the attractions at Duomo? Is there a combo ticket for Baptistery/Museum/...? I don't think that I've time to climb the Campanile.

Thanks.

Doke2 Aug 18th, 2005 11:28 PM

If I can recall, the Duomo Cathedral has no charge unless you wish to climb to the top.

Enjoy Florence, it is the best...after Sevilla.